Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I found my very first point a couple of weeks ago, I've been walking the same 2 mile stretch almost daily. I've found plenty of pottery shards, and today I found my second point. It's broken, but I'm just excited to know that there is potential in this area. As for the pottery shards, my two week collection is about 150 pieces or so. :icon_thumright:

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along that beach if you are at the right spot you can luck up an find trade beads. Keep on hunting.!!!!

OP
OP
Clay Slayer

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, barefoot beach hunting has it good points and bad points...sorry, couldn't help it. :laughing7:

A couple of days ago was a bad one. I walk miles on the beach sand every week, no problem. But when I walked back to my truck parked near a sidewalk, I stepped on a large 1 inch piece of broken bottle glass. Frickin ouch!!! I pulled it out of the heal of my foot right there (probably went in about 3/4")and bled like a stuck pig as I pulled out my first aid kit, washed with saline, put on butterfly, some gauze sponge, wrapped it up and drove to the walk-in (I keep a much better first-aid kit in my vehicles and boat than most people :icon_thumleft:). Ended up with a couple of stitches, 10 days of antibiotics and a tetanus booster shot just to be safe.

There's a trend from where you're likely to get foot injuries near the beach from what I'm learning. The threat of stepping on broken glass isn't greatest on the sand...it's on the concrete sidewalk where everyone parks to walk to the beach. This is where all the idiots seem to throw out their glass bottles. Anyway, lesson learned. And now I'm good for at least a few years with my recent tetanus shot.

But, unfortunately, I have to stay off my feet for about a week. And out of direct sunlight (according to my antibiotic label, go figure).

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, barefoot beach hunting has it good points and bad points...sorry, couldn't help it. :laughing7:

A couple of days ago was a bad one. I walk miles on the beach sand every week, no problem. But when I walked back to my truck parked near a sidewalk, I stepped on a large 1 inch piece of broken bottle glass. Frickin ouch!!! I pulled it out of the heal of my foot right there (probably went in about 3/4")and bled like a stuck pig as I pulled out my first aid kit, washed with saline, put on butterfly, some gauze sponge, wrapped it up and drove to the walk-in (I keep a much better first-aid kit in my vehicles and boat than most people :icon_thumleft:). Ended up with a couple of stitches, 10 days of antibiotics and a tetanus booster shot just to be safe.

There's a trend from where you're likely to get foot injuries near the beach from what I'm learning. The threat of stepping on broken glass isn't greatest on the sand...it's on the concrete sidewalk where everyone parks to walk to the beach. This is where all the idiots seem to throw out their glass bottles. Anyway, lesson learned. And now I'm good for at least a few years with my recent tetanus shot.

But, unfortunately, I have to stay off my feet for about a week. And out of direct sunlight (according to my antibiotic label, go figure).

Ouch -hard lesson. But, you make a great illustration with this event.
Newbies ask for pointers from time to time, on the Ws of hunting for artifacts.

Sometimes we forget to tell them,
*Always have a Hunt Kit in your vehicle that includes: 1st Aide, Bug Spray, Sting swabs and Antibiotic Cream. Adding: Plan a route and pay attention to the weather. (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used Google Earth on my I-Phone whilst exploring unfamiliar trails)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread