MY SECOND WHEAT PENNY PLUS PICTURES OF MY SECRET SPOT! SOME MORE AWESOME FINDS!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Ok all. I hunted this weekend and you know what. I had an excellent weekend! I love my Tracker IV metal detector. Took me forever to learn from it but i finally did. Friday i went to two parks and i found a lot of stuff the first park was old cimeron park. I found so much stuff there but the second park was a drag. They were in my area.

Fridays finds:
1 pair of keys by fulton locker #920
1 earing or belly button ring
2 quarters
3 nickels
9 pennies

Fridayshuntat2parks.jpg

Saturday i did not get to go out but sunday made up for it! I Spent most of the time driving to my grandma's beach house. Sunday morning i went back to the community center and to my surprise I GOT MY SECOND WHEAT PENNY!!!! IT WAS SO AMAZING I THOUGHT IT WAS A REGULAR PENNY! THANK YOU GOD! YAY! :) :) :) Also went back later in the afternoon and i found a fired bullet! ;D I was very pleased.

Sunday mornings finds:
1 wheat penny
1 fired bullet

Wheat penny is on the left. I dont have a date for it yet.
Wheatpennyandfiredbulletfromsaturda.jpg

Sunday was very hot by the way. So i decided i wouldnt take pictures of the community center until much later. So here are the pictures of the community center. Notice my dad and grandma are the ones that arnt in the picture. My bro, mom, and sister are in the picture waiting for me to get done.

Communitycenterwithmyfamilyinthefro.jpg

I then talk to my grandma about the two cabins next to it. She said no one has ever used those in so many years. So she told me i had permission to hunt the cabins. Heres the pictures of the two cabins.
Twooldcabins.jpg

Ok. Now i go back to the cabins after i grab my detector and i go the back way so i dont go the front because people would ask what i was doing. I started by a tree and kept getting penny after penny! It was amazing. Sometimes there would be 2-3 pennies in each hole! But i was really surprised when a penny and a dime popped out together in the same hole! Here is the total for my finds. :D :D :D :D

Sunday night finds:
19 pennies!
1 dime!

I had $1.03 from this weekend not including the wheat penny. Overall my weekend of detecting was good and i hope to come back soon! My grandma was talking about a very old hosue that was torn down and she knows exactly where it is and she would take me up there to see if i can get any old coins or money of any kind. It is not like the school where that soil was brought in. This house is more close to town and has the same soil it always has had. Well i hope everyone got out on this sunny weekend!!! :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D

Upvote 0
Sounds like you had a fun weekend,congrats on the wheatie and all the finds. Definitely go to the area where the older house has been torn down and good luck detecting that site. :)

On a roll now DF- think you got the bug yet?!? Just wait 'til that silver starts showing.... :D

Re: MY SECOND WHEAT PENNY PLUS PICTURES OF MY SECRET SPOT! SOME MORE AWESOME FIN

Congrats on your 2nd wheatie! Sounds like that house site has some good potential too.

Re: MY SECOND WHEAT PENNY PLUS PICTURES OF MY SECRET SPOT! SOME MORE AWESOME FIN

Congratulations on your second wheat. ;D Sounds like you got some good spots lined up. Don't rush and cover one small area at a time.

Like your pictures. Does the camera have a "Scene" selection or Close up mode - if so use it for the close up coin shots.

You mean your bother, sister and mom are just waiting for you to get done? Better give them some good reading material. :D

good luck

Mirage

Congrats, Sounds like a good weekend.

With your enthusiasm your gonna make some nice finds in time.

HH Jer

Congrats on the wheat! I'm sure there is more to come. Good luck and...

HH
-GC

2 things I LOVE about this post ....

(1) the enthusiasm of a beginner to "our world" ...

I certainly remember what finding my first 1 or 2 wheaties felt like and STILL enjoy popping them out of the ground as much as downing a cold drink after a hot day's hunt.

(2) the photos of something much more valuble when MDing here in Mississippi ..... SHADE !!

;)

Nicely done bud! Keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back