My Sluice Recirculating Setup - Suggestions welcome!

ResearchandRecovery

Aug 9, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
Very nice but I thought you might want to see what I built, the first is for beach mining, View attachment 1468645 This is a recirculating system since you can't pump water from the ocean efficiently. The second is for river mining pumping water directly from the river using bilge pumps. 20160516_151030a.jpg It was designed to accentuate water flow using gravity since bilge pumps have little pressure. You will notice I use only V grove mat and Hog mats, works great, I set up the river HB near the river and then go up to the dig site which is usually 30 to 40 ft. away and wet classify the material to 1/2inch and then bring it down to the HB, very efficient and it is not possible to set up a recirc system on the step banks where I mine. In creating your system you might want to consider the terrain where you set up but more important where the gold is. Good Luck and keep working on it. Ed

Technically, your video probably violates forum rules, but I noticed a couple things that might improve your system.

If all you ever plan on running are bags of paydirt, you can get rid of the expanded metal, which will reduce the amount of concentrates you have to process. All you need is matting.

You probably grabbed some gold with your magnet. If you're going to process this way, you should use one designed for the purpose, that will allow you to release the magnetics in another pan to re-process until you're sure there's no gold trapped in the magnetite.

Also, I noticed you weren't using Jet Dry, as there were particles floating in your pan. A couple drops in your panning water will eliminate surface tension.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back