My super cool 57 chevy Road Racer

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I built this car using an open wheel modified frame. I took an old rusty, rotted 2 door Bel Air Hartop body and removed everything but the skin and attached it to the frame. It is all steel except for the fender flares which I made from scratch in place. It weighs 2500lbs and has approximately 625hp without the nitrous. I run it at Sebring Race track in Florida. I can keep up with just about any car on the track which includes Vipers, Porsches, Vettes, Ferraris, and more. I painted it myself. It is candy apple blue metalflake that you have to see to apprieciate. I bolted the fenders to the hood and it has a tilt front end. I have a title for it and plan to make it street legal.
57chevysm.jpg

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That car is COOL LOOKING! It looks like it eats cars for a living that is for sure!!! It reminds me of the game character Hedge Hog on steroids for some reason!

Low to the ground definitely better traction around curves and less wind resistance as well!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need more pictures! That's a lot of fabrication. Sold my 57 Nomad not to far back. Regretting it ever since.

Brian

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's cool! we race dirt BRP 360 late models here in NY and the older super stock chassis were full frame, can pick em up cheep! was thinking of doing a pickup in one of them... nice fabrication job on yer modified chassie, would be a beast of a street car!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread