My Tesoro Find

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, 1266X, Troy Shadow X-3, Tesoro Deleon, Silver Umax, Whites IDX-Pro (Mr. Bill's Mods), Silver Eagle, Modded Classic 1,
Hey Guys
I found this Golden Sabre II on craigslist for a real good price. It shows some use but works just like it should. One of the battery clip buttons was broke and I called Tesoro, Vince answered and a week later I had 4 of them in the mail, the wrong size but their rectifing this and sending me the right ones, Great Service, sets this Company apart.
I have used the machine a couple time now and just love it, it's a fun machine to use. While no depth demon (depth ain't everything), the notch and 2 tones features makes for very versitile machine. I can notch out bevertails and still get nickles or I can disc out iron & foil and set notch knob where troublesome trash targets hit in the break tone between low and high (squawk tone) and dig clear low tones and high tones,

This machine just makes detecting fun, nice break from my noisy beast CZ.

Should be great for those soccer fields looking for gold jewelry, when I learn how to use it better.

Anyway, I'm liking this little detector, as you might can tell

tg1.jpg

tg2.jpg

tg3.jpg

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
I'm anxiously awaiting UPS to be knocking on my door Wednesday to deliver the very same detector pictured here . I had a GS2 for several years and found a lot of gold jewelry and coins with it but ended up selling it to " thin the herd" . I ended up really missing it . You don't see many of these up for sale anymore so when this baby popped up I grabbed it . Anybody else out there still swinging one of these ?

H H .
George

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
Nice! I scored my DeLeon off of Craigslist too. Great price on it also. I am learning to love it--yeah it IS different than the Cib I had, but I find I like having the screen AND the audio to tell me if I want to dig. And since I am learning this new machine, I am digging a lot of stuff--just to get used to how trash is displayed and sounds for my area.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Tico14,

Glad your happy with the Tesoro G.S. II. That was a good model, you should find a lot of goodies with it! Joe

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
When I said this very same machine , I guess I should have said that I bought Tico's machine
( which he put back up for sale ) . Nice going on the Deleon monkeywrangler , get ready to find a lot of jewelry . :thumbsup:

H H ,
George

Sturgell

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
???????
I walked into a pawn shop while promoting a gunshow the other day and scored a Cutlass II uMax for the mind boggling price of 39.95. :headbang:

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Sturgell said:
I walked into a pawn shop while promoting a gunshow the other day and scored a Cutlass II uMax for the mind boggling price of 39.95. :headbang:

That is mind boggling . Congrats on a killer deal . I wonder how much the person that pawned it got for it ? $10 maybe ?

Sturgell

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
???????
dirt doctor said:
Sturgell said:

That is mind boggling . Congrats on a killer deal . I wonder how much the person that pawned it got for it ? $10 maybe ?

There is no telling but you are probably pretty close. Metal detectors are items that not many people are very knowledgeable about in terms of brands/prices which seems to work out well for the purchaser most of the time.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
nice. but I do wonder, why did they make the wire from the detector to the coil so long? That thing looks like it's wrapped around 100 times.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sturgell said:
dirt doctor said:
Sturgell said:

There is no telling but you are probably pretty close. Metal detectors are items that not many people are very knowledgeable about in terms of brands/prices which seems to work out well for the purchaser most of the time.

The pawn shops around here and many other areas do use the internet to look up items, rarely do you find any pawn shop deals around here. They have become much smarter.........

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
shanegalang said:
nice. but I do wonder, why did they make the wire from the detector to the coil so long? That thing looks like it's wrapped around 100 times.

The GS2 is hip mountable ( the box comes off the shaft and you can clip it on your belt ) this makes for lighter swinging . So therefore you need a longer coil .

H H ,
George

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
SvenS said:
Sturgell said:
dirt doctor said:
Sturgell said:

The pawn shops around here and many other areas do use the internet to look up items, rarely do you find any pawn shop deals around here. They have become much smarter.........

Same in my area Sven and they hold out for top dollar on their items . I have looked for detectors in pawn shops here but have not as yet seen any .

H H ,
George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread