Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected at a new friend and fellow metal detectorist's property today and found my third 1809 Half Cent for this year. Also found a really nice one piece flat button a small ball button and a little buckle.

20141215_163918.jpg20141215_163959.jpg

Upvote 10
Nice copper, that button has a ton of detail on it too! Man I love those colonial sites!

Very nice finds indeed! Congrats!

I would like to see a close up of that coin, are you going to have it cleaned?? Weird you found 3 coins all the same date you are telling us??

Very nice finds. Next time I want to see close ups of the coin. Congrats!

I would like to see a close up of that coin, are you going to have it cleaned?? Weird you found 3 coins all the same date you are telling us??

Yes three 1809 Half Cents this year, all at different sites within about 20 mile radius. I don't know if I want to try cleaning them any more because that may result in less detail visible. Here's some pics of all three in the order they were found.

20141215_233647.jpg20141216_075921.jpg

1/2 cents seem to be rare finds anyway, but to find 3 of the same year within a year is phenomenal. You have some really nice relics too. Congrats!:icon_thumright:

That buckle is very cool too!

Wow! :occasion16::wav::occasion16: :notworthy: Splendid to find same 3 coins this year! :notworthy: Your buckle is the nicest buckle I've seen on t-net!:notworthy:

Looking forward to your next posts! :icon_thumright: Andi

1/2 cents seem to be rare finds anyway, but to find 3 of the same year within a year is phenomenal. You have some really nice relics too. Congrats!:icon_thumright:

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing! This was my fourth Half Cent that I've found since I started metal detecting in March 2013, the first one I found is an 1804.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing! This was my fourth Half Cent that I've found since I started metal detecting in March 2013, the first one I found is an 1804.

You and I started the same time, and I found my first and only American half cent this year. It's a Draped Bust, but I can't get a date.

Nice button and congrats on the 1809 HC. I have dug two of them myself. The date really stands out on those coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back