What's new

MY THOUGHTS ON THE MINELAB SOVEREIGN

Keppy

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
8,390
Reaction score
2,873
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
To me the Minelab Sovereign no matter what model the first one put out or the last one the GT and every model in between ......Are the best detectors that any detector Co. made and to me the Sovereign is the best detector that Minelab makes for beach and inland..........Thats all........Love that Sovereign.......==Jim==
 
Jim The Sovereign is a great detector I have owned 4 of them over the years, and each has more than paid for itself,many times over. They really do excell on the beaches, I also have used mine in the gold feilds looking for relics coins etc I have seen gold nuggets found with them as well. I also use the Excalibur which is the underwater version of the Sovereign and wouldnt part with it. Nowadays I use an Explorer which has the advantage of Digital read outs Depth guages etc. which is better for parks. But for beach use the Sovereign I believe still has the edge. seeya Neilo
 
thank you both for that input, I am patiently waiting for my soverign gt to arrive..its due anyday now.. I cannot wait.. and I am hipmounting mine.. and heading for the beach.. :thumbsup:
 
I love my sov, and now my excal which works on the same basis.
Minelab makes some rugged detectors.
 
I have 2 Sovereign GTs both with WOTs, one is waterproofed, they are fantastic detectors, put a WOT on them, and they kick @$$ at the beach.
 
when they make something better i "will" have it.....until then ,my GT is :thumbsup:
 
I have the GT and while it's one heck of a detector I prefer my DFX for most hunting.

As a relic and beach detector the Sovereign is my choice, but I like the DFX for everything else. The GT gets extremely deep but has problems in our city park and tot lots.
 
The GT is the best of the bunch i reckon.It can also get close to iron..I've had 3 Elites and the XS 2a Pro.I love these machines.More so on a straight shaft and the control box hip mounted.My detecting partner uses the 2a Pro and loves it.He's found loads with it .It's ease of use and so easy to set up.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom