My thoughts on the XP D2 after 3 times out and best find

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I usually do not post much anymore, but thought I would throw my two cents worth into the XP D2 first impressions. I usually used the CTX 3030 or the Equinox 800 and had never used a Deus prior to getting my D2, so for me, there is a learning curve just transitioning from Minelab to XP. So, first impressions:
1.) The remote control is built like a tank
2.) It takes some getting used to going through the menu and options and things sometimes are not where you would instinctively think they would be, but its is not too bad.
3.) The antennae also takes some getting used to and I am thinking of putting it internal to the shaft.
4.) The shaft flexes quite a bit in the water
5.) The separation of targets and ID is excellent....a lot of notches above the Equinox. It is definitely as advertised.
6.) Having to change the cap plug(grey to red) before going into the water is a real pain and I know one day I will forget. I also will lose those things.
7.) Without a doubt, use the XY screen. It is great.
8.) The coil sucks its battery way faster than the remote or the headphones.
9.) The Beach Pitch program reminds me of the Xcal responses, but with a helluva lot more info.
10.) The Bone Conducting headphones are a winner. I really like being able to hear what is going on around me in addition to the detector responses.
11.) I love the weight of the machine.

So, after 3 times out, I have done well and think the machine is as advertised and does indeed separate itself out from the competition. I have 3 rings, only one worth showing...and it is really worth showing...men's wedding band, 18K with a platinum band

1646404138301.png

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually do not post much anymore, but thought I would throw my two cents worth into the XP D2 first impressions. I usually used the CTX 3030 or the Equinox 800 and had never used a Deus prior to getting my D2, so for me, there is a learning curve just transitioning from Minelab to XP. So, first impressions:
1.) The remote control is built like a tank
2.) It takes some getting used to going through the menu and options and things sometimes are not where you would instinctively think they would be, but its is not too bad.
3.) The antennae also takes some getting used to and I am thinking of putting it internal to the shaft.
4.) The shaft flexes quite a bit in the water
5.) The separation of targets and ID is excellent....a lot of notches above the Equinox. It is definitely as advertised.
6.) Having to change the cap plug(grey to red) before going into the water is a real pain and I know one day I will forget. I also will lose those things.
7.) Without a doubt, use the XY screen. It is great.
8.) The coil sucks its battery way faster than the remote or the headphones.
9.) The Beach Pitch program reminds me of the Xcal responses, but with a helluva lot more info.
10.) The Bone Conducting headphones are a winner. I really like being able to hear what is going on around me in addition to the detector responses.
11.) I love the weight of the machine.

So, after 3 times out, I have done well and think the machine is as advertised and does indeed separate itself out from the competition. I have 3 rings, only one worth showing...and it is really worth showing...men's wedding band, 18K with a platinum band

View attachment 2013669
Sweet!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good review, and congrats on your recovery of the ring.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’m loving the results of the new Deus. I’ve watched almost every one of Calabsh’s review so far and how to use the Deus 2. I’ve never had the original Deus but I’ve used the Orx for a couple seasons now and after watching It perform on the beach, I can’t wait to get the new Deus. Someone said it sounded like the Xcal in pitch, but i think it sounds more like the TDI pro or TDI beach hunter in pitch. Or maybe that was program 13 “Beach P” I think Calabash was testing a gold necklace laying flat on top of the wet sand and the tones reminded me of the TDI.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread