rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met up with a guy that I met on this forums, today. I took him to a permission that borders the Bennington Battlefield and we spent about three hours there. Last year I found my first LC and today I found my 2nd within twenty minutes of being there. We decided to walk to the spot that I had found my first LC and two minutes later, my 3rd then another minute, my 4th. Sadly he didn't find one on this trip but he did pull a few nice relics. I don't have any pics of his finds but here are my three LC's. Note that one is quite a bit thinner than the other two. Anyone know why that would be if not just worn down? Thank you for looking. They are toasty!

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 7
I'll get my photos loaded up tomorrow after work , still researching what I found

I'll get my photos loaded up tomorrow after work , still researching what I found

Cool, I would like to see if anyone can ID that big spike looking thing.

I'll get the other stuff tomorrow but I have a feeling this is a horse rosette.

Attachments

• 1428367800699.jpg
    1428367800699.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 137
Nothing wrong with a triple lc day!

That big spike looking thing is a fingernail! Time for a clipping! :)

They look to be worn already and then the ground was corrosive. Could have been fertilizer in the soil at one point. When I dig coins that look like that, there was something in the ground usually that corroded them.

There were some early Large cents in the Liberty Cap series that were thicker - so maybe the thinner one is a later series ?

They look to be worn already and then the ground was corrosive. Could have been fertilizer in the soil at one point. When I dig coins that look like that, there was something in the ground usually that corroded them.

I know for a fact that The field used to be all farm land years ago so I bet you're right. TY.

There were some early Large cents in the Liberty Cap series that were thicker - so maybe the thinner one is a later series ?

That's what Gi jungle and I were thinking. Sure wish I could get dates off these.:BangHead:

Amazing! Four coppers in one spot. I can't help with the id, but congrats on a thrilling hunt.

Nice finds are you sure the thinner one is an LC? I've found half pennies and staties to be thinner.

A big day for you and one to remember. Cheers

The King George Half Penny is thinner the the Large Cent.

Nice 3 LC day! There is a bit of a difference between the Matron Head and Braided Hair Varieties. I have fortunately found over twenty LCs, and didn't realize the difference until I found each variety on one hunt. In 5 years I've had 1 three LC day, wow what a great feeling! Big Congrats!!

Last edited:
Nice LC triple play. Congrats.

Deershed might be onto something... are you sure that all three are LCs?

Nice LC triple play. Congrats.

Deershed might be onto something... are you sure that all three are LCs?

I'm pretty sure. I am positive that I can make out a "U" and a "N" on this coin which I believe would spell "united" if the rest of the letters were there.IMAG0071.jpg

Sorry, that pic doesn't help at all. I'll try to get a more high def one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back