My True Treasure Tale - Long, but the Whole Story.....

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I'm still amazed by this. I have read this about 10 times and still is a great adventure that you had...well.... you still are having.
And I say it again WOW !!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!!! ;D ;D

I read your first post that you had put on here after you first found your treasure, and said you had told your boss you were quitting and you mentioned some other stuff that I will not post on here because you did what you thought best by deleting your post.

I know you felt you had to do that and ,I can understand why you did that, and I don't blame you a bit.....I probably would have done the same thing.

And second guessing about what you should have done differently is past.Greed is not good and the way you did it is very good, at least I think so.

And if it happens again you will know what to do a little bit better.

If you didn't format your hard drive of your computer ,you can get any pictures you put on your system back, that you deleted.

And again, thank you soooooo much for sharing your incredible adventure with all of us, who like finding treasure, no matter how big or small. ( Of course we would like to find something like you did...but reading your adventure, will have to do for now ;) )

HaveFaith

Apr 4, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Prizm II, White's PI Pro, Sov. GT
CRIKEY! WHAT AN ADVENTURE!! I believe that the man upstairs has rewarded you. I wish you and your wife continued success in everything that you do. Thanx for the great story. I also believe that you could write a book about your adventures past and present and that it would be your 2nd payoff. I think you should start a writing career.
Good luck on your move, and future endeavors!!
God Bless you and yours!!

Eileena

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
NS Tim, Your story just made my day. That is a ton of encouragment to me to stay the course no matter how much "trash" I dig and how frustrated I get sometimes. I congadulate you and wish you well in all of your future endevours. Oh, and the pictures.....would love to have seen them but you have all the mental images you will ever need, and that my man, is priceless.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you never know what day its "your turn" for good or bad---so live and love like its your last and treat folks like your going to have to live around them forever. ---WTG---you must be living right ---use your blessing wisely---you don't get them often.---- Ivan

AOSDC

Nov 25, 2006
WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

The old story goes " Don't put all your eggs in one basket"

Go back out there and search the entire area. You'll never know.

And if you do find something. Save a silver disk for me I'll buy it. Leave me a message if you find the Second Pile of Yellow and Silvery objects..CONGRATS that is a find of a lifetime go back out there and make it two.

AOSDC

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cynangyl, Functional, Redux, Bogey, Larry, Wildrider, Carolina, Dimeman, Eilenna, Cotton Jim, AA (of course), Man from Texax, Ivan, AOSDC and all the other members for commenting and sharing your thoughts.

I don't have any plans to return to the site...I'll leave what's their for other to find and speculate on. Maybe one of these days another treasure hunter will stumble upon the impounded site and find the few coins I left behind. If they're a treasure hunter, they will no doubt find the hole, see the remains of what used to be, they'll probably unearth the bricks, remove the stone and rotted boards and dig out the pit again. They'll find the layer of boards lining the bottom of that hole and realize they were a day late and a dollar short.

Night Stalker

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That sounds like it would be pretty neat! How many different colors does that stuff come in? Talk about a way to personalize your MD gear! Mine should be purple camo! :D lol

T

TreasureTales

Cynangyl said:
That sounds like it would be pretty neat! How many different colors does that stuff come in? Talk about a way to personalize your MD gear! Mine should be purple camo! :D lol
[emphasis added]

LOL, mine would be desert camo. Not exciting, but certainly not as reflective as the uncoated machine.

NS, that's a great idea. You should suggest it to some of the major manufacturers and see if they won't cut you in for a piece of the action. Don't let good ideas go unrewarded - that money you found won't last forever (unfortunately). I'm going to check out the photos in Everything Else now, thanks.

TEXMAN

Apr 11, 2007
Arlington,Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di
Wow what a STORY..Do you write for a treasure magazine ? How about posting the pic that your friend sent back to you !!

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Congratulations Night Stalker,

While reading the story I kept expecting to see the line, "And then I woke up." glad I didn't and again congrats.

HH
Joe

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind sharing, I would like to know about some of the "legal" stuff you went through. Advise from the attorney, etc. Just what your comfortable sharing.

Then I'll be prepared when I find mine :)

Congrats on being a treasure FINDER

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
NS,

Great story!!!
I don't know you but I am very happy for you. That was a wonderfull blessing from the Lord. Congrats ;D

Tom

Tsalagi

May 4, 2007
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100/GC-1016a/GC1018
god if only

atleast i can dream about that day happening for me.
absolutely amazing!

thank you for sharing you keep my dreams alive

good luck and god bless

Chris

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Like aa... I am speachless... I was so excited reading your story I think I had a tear in my eye!

Man I am so happy for you!

Thank God folks still have miracles happen...

:)

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, someone asked about the advise we received, some of the more important stuff I'll list, some advise was out of this world and laughable :D.

- Our family attorney recommended too many suggestions, and even typed them up so we wouldn't forget the details!

- Call the few friends I told of the find, and tell them I was "joking around", show them a few silver quarters/dollars and advise them that I was just pulling their leg and apologize for getting them all hyped up.

- Go back to the site and make sure I collect all traces of my presence (cigarette butts, water bottle, tracks, car tracks) and make sure my "hole" was undetectable. Yep, this is when more paranoia set in.

Night Stalker

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me ya should of left it all in the bathtub instead of takin a cleanin elsewere. ;) Live and learn though ! Thanks for sharing this story,I'll never look at an old foundation the same again ! ;D

timbuckII

Jan 12, 2007
"Destroy/Delete all photographic evidence of actual piles, coins or any other hard evidence of the uncovering. The way he explained it, it made good sense, and to a certain extent, it still does."

Why would you have to do this?

TC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread