wells
Hero Member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2008
- Messages
- 683
- Reaction score
- 561
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Middleburg, Pa.
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Upvote
0
Nice full groove. In hunting about 50 miles south of that but have only found 3/4 groove. Usually the axes are close to the campsites I'm my opinion. Do have one broke ax from a random find all my other brokers and completes come from sites.
wells said:I think the 3/4 grove axe is the neatest kind, maybe because there scarce here 70 miles north of Hbg. . I only have 3 and all broke, but iv'v found around forty full grove counting the brokes - only 8 whole ones.
My uncle did'nt hunt for heads but living on a farm as a lad he picked up the ones he saw back in the '40s. He got a big can full that he showed me years ago and i remember he had a beautiful Amos point in there.I have never seen a 3/4 grooved axe in person. I love axe heads more than any artifact. Nice find. Does your uncle collect or is he one of those lucky ones who stumble across this stuff once in a while. I have an uncle like that. He doesn't hunt, but once in a while, he will find something. When he finds something, it's something. Lol