What's new

My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

QuickDraw22

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Future Millionaire
My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

Well, I've only had one "true" dream box - found about 20 Walkers and 10 Franklin halves - but this one comes dang close.

I decided to play one big chunk of change at a bank I've bought dimes and pennies from. I ordered 4 boxes of halves almost 2 weeks ago, and she called me last Thursday saying that they were in.......... but that I had to buy all of them at one time >:(. After a mad scramble with turning in LOTS of pennies/nickels/dimes, I picked them up right before closing time.

I opened the first box with low expectations, hoping to find a few 40%'ers and maybe a '64 or two. Well, here are the totals from the four boxes - I was pleasantly surprised.

Box 1 -

40% - 19
90% - (1) '64 and (1) '57 Franklin

Also found a 1987S Proof, and a gold plated 1974.


Box 2 -

40% - 40
90% - (10) '64 and (1) '59 Franklin

Also found a gold plated 2004.


Box 3 -

40% - 21
90% - (3) '64, (1) '59 Franklin, and (1) '46 Walker

Also found a 1980 Panama half and a 1970S


Box 4 -

40% - 35
90% - (5) '64, (4) Franklins - '61,'62,'62,'63



Oddly enough, 10-15 of the Franklin halves were in AMAZING shape, and almost looked uncirculated. They won't be going in the "junk silver" box :laughing7:

Also - if any feds are reading this, these are not mine - they are my neighbors coins - the ones with the loud dogs and stupid honda civic with no muffler. Go bang on their door, I promise you'll find what you're looking for.

102_2663.jpg



Although this wasn't technically a "dream box", it definitely got my spirits up for this hobby again. I was about to go crazy if I got another skunk box!!!

DAVE
 
Upvote 0
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

Can you say "pretty?" :hello2:
apush
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

Dave , Great score ! I would call that dreamy , for only 4 boxes searched ! Argentium.
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

Great score for your "neighbor". ;D Maybe now they can buy a muffler. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

Nice haul from those four boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

Great score. That would be a good day any day for me. :headbang:
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

QuickDraw22 said:
Box 3 -

40% - 21
90% - (3) '64, (1) '59 Franklin, and (1) '46 Walker

Also found a 1980 Panama half and a 1970S

If the 1970S you're referring to is a JFK half; it too is a 40%er.

Nice finds and kudos !
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

That looks like a dreamer to me!

CongrAGs!
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

QuickDraw22 said:
Also - if any feds are reading this, these are not mine - they are my neighbors coins - the ones with the loud dogs and stupid honda civic with no muffler. Go bang on their door, I promise you'll find what you're looking for.
I think your "neighbor" deserves a "no-knock" warrant with flash-bangs... :laughing7:
 
Re: My Version of a "Dream Box" *Pics*

all boxes were good that is very nice, haven't experienced that, always a skunk in a mix
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom