DiamondDan
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2016
- Messages
- 466
- Reaction score
- 1,130
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Robbinsdale, MN
- Detector(s) used
- White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Holy crap, I am excited! I usually get out detecting every other day for a few hours and several hours in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. I guess I've been detecting pretty regularly for about six months, and have made some great finds, but I have been dying to dig a silver coin.
Well, today I finally did!
Hit a new spot with a whole bunch of crumbling building foundations. Boy, is it trashy! I spent the first couple hours digging iffy high and mid tones, and mostly came up with copper wire and heavily corroded nails. I was making my way back to the car, sweeping right along side an old foundation, and I got a rare solid high tone right about 95. I thought for sure it was another nail. I about loaded my pants when I saw the black coin pop out of the ground! I knew it was good!
I wanted to clean it up a bit without scratching it, so I lightly washed it in a nearby puddle. The black junk started coming right off. Wow! What a find. I am very happy! I have a feeling I'm onto a good location. Thanks for looking!




Well, today I finally did!
Hit a new spot with a whole bunch of crumbling building foundations. Boy, is it trashy! I spent the first couple hours digging iffy high and mid tones, and mostly came up with copper wire and heavily corroded nails. I was making my way back to the car, sweeping right along side an old foundation, and I got a rare solid high tone right about 95. I thought for sure it was another nail. I about loaded my pants when I saw the black coin pop out of the ground! I knew it was good!
I wanted to clean it up a bit without scratching it, so I lightly washed it in a nearby puddle. The black junk started coming right off. Wow! What a find. I am very happy! I have a feeling I'm onto a good location. Thanks for looking!




Upvote
80

I figured that the area in which I found it has pretty much been pounded since the public began having metal detectors, but it just goes to show that no place is ever hunted out if you have enough patience. I'm certainly going back! HH!






