What's new

my very first surface found artifact--lets see yours

  • Thread starter Thread starter mickey
  • Start date Start date
M

mickey

Guest
my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

i feel your pain guys. soy beans are too big and corn is too tall. thought i would post the very first artifact i ever found. not much to look at, but it still holds a special place because this is what got me hooked. let's see your first artifact you ever found and some interesting stories on why we look for rocks when we could be playing golf! good hunting. brian.
 

Attachments

  • 1st artifact 1986.webp
    1st artifact 1986.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

100_0546.jpg

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!
this one is it, and i ran like a 12 year old sceaming to a guy in field i found one i think i found one i think ,lol
100_0132.jpg
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

Found my first this spring, I'm hooked now. I haven't lived out in the country
since 1968, with fields all around me it makes it easier time wise.

DSCN0693.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0693.webp
    DSCN0693.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 516
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

this was my first thats what got me hooked,just left of the center bottom one.
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 511
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 520
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 503
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 519
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

My first whole identifiable Point I ever found. Not much to look at really, just a small Lamoka Point, but it led to 46 years of collecting and over 14,000 artifacts.
 

Attachments

  • New003.webp
    New003.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 506
  • New001.webp
    New001.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 508
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

here my first one. found in a black top road. found in south/east exas at about age 12
MVC-092S.webp
 

Attachments

  • MVC-093S.webp
    MVC-093S.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 502
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

Here is the first one that i found when i was 7 years old in east texas.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00028.webp
    DSC00028.webp
    15 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC00028.webp
    DSC00028.webp
    15 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC00028.webp
    DSC00028.webp
    15 KB · Views: 486
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

This is the first one I found which was 31 years ago. I found it while working at a summer job for a seed company. It was laying right on top of the soil completely exposed and since then I haven't found a cure for this addiction that I have for arrowhead hunting.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3196A.webp
    100_3196A.webp
    105.2 KB · Views: 462
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

Here's mine!!I've been looking on and off for 25yr's+

P1060001.jpg


P1050998.jpg


P1050997.jpg


I think I'm getting closer to finding my first point,LOL!!I can find deer sheds..I can find fossils.I can find geofacts..I can find pieces of trade pipes..But when it comes to finding Indian artifacts,that's another story :laughing7:

I'm glad I can come here and see some great finds from you folks walking the fields and creeks!!
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

train your eyes not to look for artifacts, but to look for flint.
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

rob.s, that was a good one, got a good laugh out of me. But seriously, you will find them if you are hunting good ground. I suspect you just haven't found the right places to hunt.
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

Rob.s your points are so translucent i can't even see them , Cool!
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

That is one of the most beautiful translucent four inch Clovis point's :o that I have ever seen it is so translucent it look's clear as glass :wink:.
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

OK. Found this around 52 years ago while working in a cotton field along Deer Creek in northern Caddo County, OK. I was just a little guy. The material comes from the Alibates quarry about 200 miles west of there.
 

Attachments

  • 7-22d.webp
    7-22d.webp
    78.5 KB · Views: 279
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

My first point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think it is part of a collection on my parents wall..........

when I was young, we didnt even pick up broken points. that was in the 40's
;D
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

This was my first find. I was 22 and bow hunting deer and it was hanging out of a creek bank I was using for cover.
finds 003.webp
It's still one of the prettiest points I have.
Hey Rob, just look for a speck of flint. You'll find lots of flakes but you'll also find points.
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

Cachefind09 said:
rob.s, that was a good one, got a good laugh out of me. But seriously, you will find them if you are hunting good ground. I suspect you just haven't found the right places to hunt.

Did a lot of corn field hunting in early 80's in Wisconsin and had no idea what to look for..I was just looking whole points laying flat..Those good fields are yesterdays news :(
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

natchitoches said:
train your eyes not to look for artifacts, but to look for flint.


That 's how I trained my eye to look for deer sheds..Just looking for 1'' tips of the antler..I know when you find your first one it's easy after that :laughing7:
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

rob.s - That is some of the clearest material I've ever seen. Great photography also. :laughing9:
 
Re: my very first surface found artifact--let's see yours

Mickey,
This was the gal I first fell for, and man I fell hard. Looking back, she really ain't much to look at, and we don't see a lot of each other these days as I have moved on. But that first love you never forget.
Doc
 

Attachments

  • First Love.webp
    First Love.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom