My Wednesday buys, gave $100 for all this glass.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 uranium green tumble ups are worth way more than $100 alone! Matter of fact the one that has the turkey tracks pattern (on the left in the first pic & the one in the 2nd picture) known as Royal Fan pattern by Pukeberg in Sweden made in the 1920's is worth $200 bare minimum & the other one is worth between $50 & $100 & both are hard to find but the Pukeberg one is almost if not impossible to find for sale, heck finding a pic of one isn't even easy.

Cobalt blue Hazel Atlas depression era nesting mixing bowls missing one of the 4 bowls (the smallest one) they look unused!

The 6 Vaseline glass daisy & button berry bowls are from Bryce Bros. 1890-1891. All 6 are in mint condition! I've seen them for sale online for as much as $75-$90 per pair. $30-$35 per pair is very realistic.

Not sure about the maker of the vaseline glass vase as of yet.

2 Tiffin satin green uranium glass compotes

Vaseline glass stretch glass bowl!

DSC03741.JPGDSC03742.JPGDSC03743.JPGDSC03746.JPGDSC03758.JPGDSC03760.JPG

Last edited:
This is some of the stuff I brought home for free the same day
DSC03750.JPGDSC03752.JPGDSC03753.JPGDSC03754.JPGDSC03757.JPG

Wow, what an amazing haul! I love the color under the black lights. Almost more amazing is you know the pattern and maker of them. It would take me so many hours of looking and maybe not even find one similar. Likely, I would be posting it here and begging for help.:laughing7:

Wow, what an amazing haul! I love the color under the black lights. Almost more amazing is you know the pattern and maker of them. It would take me so many hours of looking and maybe not even find one similar. Likely, I would be posting it here and begging for help.:laughing7:

Thanks! I'll say one thing nothing helps ya figure out glass better than dealing with it for a long time. That said even the best glass ID'ers rely heavily on books. Nothing beats books when it comes to doing it. I don't have that great of library when it comes to ID'ing glass but I do have several & they help. Facebook is a great place to have your glass ID'd & I use it often to do just that! On here Digg would be your member with the widest knowledge (or library) of glass. My knowledge is more limited because I focus mainly on uranium glass but I am learning a lot more about clear glass these days. The Brice Bros. berry bowls were quite hard ID'ing & they are mis-id'd on eBay most times. They even stumped Mr. Vaseline glass himself on Facebook but we figured it out. I still have not 100% ID'd the vaseline glass vase. And I believe the vaseline stretch bowl is by US Glass, pattern #151 which is actually called a low comport but I am not 100% sure as the dimensions are just slightly off.

Last edited:
Thats a big haul.

Can't see the bottom of the vase but I frequently see it attributed to Fenton. I've even seen a much bigger version. Can't say I've ever seen one with the sticker still on it though. I'm actually more interested in those glasses with the swords on them and the conquistador? Have any info on those or the blue dishes.

Thats a big haul.

Can't see the bottom of the vase but I frequently see it attributed to Fenton. I've even seen a much bigger version. Can't say I've ever seen one with the sticker still on it though. I'm actually more interested in those glasses with the swords on them and the conquistador? Have any info on those or the blue dishes.

The glasses are Siesta Ware with (what most people on eBay call) pirates on them. Tho I agree looks almost like a conquistador on them. Those blue dishes are Mexican made hand blown glass, nothing special & very sloppy. Stacking the plates is like trying to stack balls on each other (OK not that bad) but they are uneven & don't stack well, makes a very wobbly stack. The bowls & desert cups are are actually descent & the small 2 little tumblers hardly stand up their so crooked on the bottom. The blue color is nice!

Here are better pix of the vase, looks like it came out of a mold & then was slightly swung. It has 6 panels & they are slightly bent or crooked or twisted/tweaked a little.
DSC03763.JPGDSC03764.JPGDSC03767.JPGDSC03768.JPG

Last edited:
I think that Fenton makes a pedestal version. And Viking makes a round bottom version. I have not seen the 6 sided version. I like it. Maybe you could find a 6 sided vase not stretched out.

The Siesta ware is pretty neat too. I thought it would sell for a little more than it does.

I think that Fenton makes a pedestal version. And Viking makes a round bottom version. I have not seen the 6 sided version. I like it. Maybe you could find a 6 sided vase not stretched out.

The Siesta ware is pretty neat too. I thought it would sell for a little more than it does.

Right now (this time of year) glass sells low but that said the Siesta ware glasses are not expensive to buy. They might sell better when the market picks up in a few months but usually not for more money than they do now. I had a 1958 Jimmy Bryan Belond AP Special Indy 500 winner Siesta Ware mug (glass body with a wood handle) & it had a little value partly because he died in a crash in 1960, I got $15 out of it. Many of the other year & winners aren't worth near as much. Those Siesta's won't go on eBay, They will either go in my GS or one of my buddies with a lake house will buy them especially if I will sell them cheap enough. So I'll offer em for $7 to them & I'm sure I will sell them.

I have a guy who buys all advertising type beer mugs & glasses off me (he collects) & Illl get like $5 out of that Germania Bier glass from him. There is a small crystal clock in that group of stuff & I always get $5-$10 minimum out of clocks like it to local people who collect them. I can surely get about $10 out of the blue mexican dishes locally.

I really like collecting and selling glassware but when I look on eBay and see 6 Siesta mugs for $12.99 and $9 shipping. I hope those people just had them laying around the house. Most likely they lost money on shipping. Just handing them to someone is a different story.

I guess now I have to start looking for other ways to unload my glass besides eBay.

I would guess you are looking for a vase that might also look like this
ca1900 URANIUM/VASELINE GLASS MOUTHBLOWN RUFFLERIM V (03/07/2011)...

I really like collecting and selling glassware but when I look on eBay and see 6 Siesta mugs for $12.99 and $9 shipping. I hope those people just had them laying around the house. Most likely they lost money on shipping. Just handing them to someone is a different story.

I guess now I have to start looking for other ways to unload my glass besides eBay.

I would guess you are looking for a vase that might also look like this
ca1900 URANIUM/VASELINE GLASS MOUTHBLOWN RUFFLERIM V (03/07/2011)...

These were on eBay & are deff the same maker but no one attributes them to anyone,

Picture 35.png
Antique Stretch Paneled Vaseline Glass 12 1 2" Vase 1920'S | eBay

Picture 36.png
Antique Yellow Vaseline Panelled Vase 12 1 4" Pulled Stretch Swung Uranium | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back