My wrecked car from hitting a deer on 11/03/07

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my work and treasure hunting car was wrecked two weeks ago while heading to work. I was only about three miles from work when it happened. I came around a corner and there laid a large whitetail buck right in the middle of my lane. He was apparently dazed from being hit by another car, he had his head up but could not move. I only had time to hit the brakes and hope for the best. The deer was struck at around 50 mph and went under the car. When the deer went under the car it threw me off to the right side of the road onto some frosty and wet grass. At that point there was no slowing down until I hit something else. I then went through about 25 feet of large bushes stopping around 5 feet from a tree.

I was wearing my seat belt and did not get hurt very badly, just bruised up a little. The insurance company determined the car was totalled. I would also like to add that the two metal detectors I had in the trunk made it out ok......thank goodness!

Here are the photos.....

Attachments

• grandam60.jpg
    grandam60.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 512
  • grandam10.jpg
    grandam10.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 446
  • grandam20.jpg
    grandam20.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 459
  • grandam30.jpg
    grandam30.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 437
  • grandam40.jpg
    grandam40.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 424
  • grandam50.jpg
    grandam50.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 526

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
glad to see you made it out of the wreck ok, hope the vension is tasty at least -- how many points was the buck? time to start hunting --- get them before they get you. ;) --- Ivan

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
hows the venison? tasty I hope. glad to see you made it out ok -- how many points was the buck? time to start hunting get them before they get you. --- Ivan

:D I would have saved the meat to eat but it was pretty much obliterated. As for the antlers I saw four or five on the right side the left side was knocked off from the previous car hitting him. After I hit him there were no antlers left.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Better than hitting a cow when on a motorcycle I guess... there's always a bright side... :-\

Great pics... :o

Or a deer... check this out... wow!

[youtube=425,350]A6VS6qsLJeY[/youtube]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Sorry to hear that,

But at least Your OK & Insured.

I hit one a Few weeks ago & No insurance.
Still can't afford to get it fixed.

Good Luck !
JEFF

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Sorry about your car, and the deer. But you might want to block out your license plate number from your photos. The wrong person gets ahold of that and they'll know every darn thing about you.

Protect your privacy on the internet as much as possible.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing what damage those deer can do to a car..holey cow....am glad your ok...

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUCH!!! Glad you're OK and survived your encounter with what is statistically the deadliest animal in the United States. In 1995 I had a run-in with a mule deer while I was stationed at Ft Huachuca. The deer HIT ME!!! It ran into the side of my car. The end-result was $1167 worth of damage to my $500 car and get this, the deer SURVIVED!!! Probably had a headache though for awhile.

HH,
SgtSki

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I hope no one here hits a deer, and if they do I hope God watches over them to see they aren't injured.

Kaimi

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2007
las vegas,nv
Detector(s) used
whites gmt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, just viewed the video of the jumping deer. I bet that guy on the bike had to stop to change his shorts. I know I would have.

Aloha for know, Stan aka Kaimi

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you weren't hurt, my daughter-in-law just hit one the day after getting her car back from getting a windshield repaired. :-\
I narrowly missed two does the other night, close call.

Fossis...............

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you are truly lucky, my brother hit one with his bigrig (2007 IH pro) it tore the hood off, the right fender, and still managed to hit the generator mounted behind the cab and tore it off too, end result, $17,000 more or less, so watch out for the four legged ditch critters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread