My year has been so good I may as well quit now another bucket list relic! Pic heavy!

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I started off in the morning taking my Cora with me to look for campsites and bottles along an old railroad bed owned by a friend of mine. Also searched through the farm dumps on the property as well, Cora was very excited when she saw an old loader amongst the iron and wanted to drive it. IMG_1511.JPG
We didn't find much more so we headed up to an old foundation in the field and that's when I found my first store token. IMG_1512.JPG IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
Then about two feet away this pretty little crotal bell popped out
IMG_1517.JPG
With that the finds about dried up other than a small sash buckle? Fork, drawer pull and tons of trash. Fellow t-net member Lonewolf met up with me and we headed to one of the sites that has been very good to me. A 1860's house foundation in a field. The finds were coming slow at first and we were digging iron and such when I got a weird signal on the deus, one that reminds you that the weird half repeatable signal is probably the roof nail head in a mist of more iron.
When this popped out of the ground, I shouted HOLY S**t! , I looked at lonewolf and said get over here! As soon as he saw it more profane words were expressed by both of us for a few minutes and I just stared at it then both of us started texting people pictures. IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1521.JPG
After that I switched programs and dug a few more relics but I was ready for a celebration beer and to call it a day. I still can't believe I found it, it just goes to show you never know what's under your feet.
Thanks for reading I know it's a long post!
Kyle-

Upvote 32

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terrific hunting!....big congrats on the plate, and other goodies

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy ###$ would have been my reaction too....but I doubt I would have continued to hunt from that excitement.....

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Nice job on the plate!

Still on my bucket list, but they're not easy to find in California, but not impossible....I hope :)

hh,
Cal

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mayan, (pronunciation for the word Man in Georgia)! A hewge Congrat's to you on the U.S. Plate. Very Well Done sir. This is a bucket lister for sure. I'm still looking for the ever elusive U.S. Eagle breast plate. Continued Success to yhall'. Hammer this area hard. Who knows what else lies just beneath the soil and coil.

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last bucket list item I had was the summer of 1969. I was 19 and I think she was 21.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely a hunt to remember.
Congrats....

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a huge find.
Congrats

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunting trip, congratulations! :occasion14:

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
No doubt what's getting ready to pop out when you look in the hole and see those hooks staring back...that had to be an exciting moment. Big congrats.--JB

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Congrats! That's huge for Michigan! I think you'd better go pickup some lottery tickets the way your luck has been going!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunt! Congrats on the magnificent finds.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One for the books. Gotta love going hunting and never knowing when something's going to blow your mind. This sport is the best. Congrats on that plate mate.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions