Mysterious carved nugget 2.. Added pics

AngeeB

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would not allow me to insert my pics into the last one, so here are some extras! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
A

AngeeB

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so, I tried the skin test... Since I am iron deficient my 14k wedding band leaves black marks on me, the picture of my (very swollen-lol) hand shows two black marks, the one on the left is from my ring, the one on the right is from the piece....soooo ummmm yeah.... The pictures attached I hope show better detail. The stamp drawing is not exact but hopefully it can give more insight, now that I have drawn it out, it looks like maybe 3P? If I had to compare weight, I would say it weighs about as much as a roll of quarters.....sorry for that.... Anyhow, I have all the faith in the world that you guys can help me! No pressure, LOL..... Thanks again!!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AngeeB

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Surf! Thanks for the reply and adding my previous post! I'm not sure on the weight... Sad to say, it weighs as much as a $10 roll of quarters.... I'm not sure about the cast thing, it has many many imperfections to be casts and the eyes are not perfect either? It is and odd one that's for sure, but I would love to know what it is, even if it was a pocket charm that was brought over here from somewhere else! It's just eating me alive!!! Lol!!!!

Upvote 0

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks cast to me as well. So it smiles on one side and frowns on the other? cool piece.
How did you find it?

The stamp looks like RK to me.

Upvote 0

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so, I tried the skin test... Since I am iron deficient my 14k wedding band leaves black marks on me, the picture of my (very swollen-lol) hand shows two black marks, the one on the left is from my ring, the one on the right is from the piece....soooo ummmm yeah.... The pictures attached I hope show better detail. The stamp drawing is not exact but hopefully it can give more insight, now that I have drawn it out, it looks like maybe 3P? If I had to compare weight, I would say it weighs about as much as a roll of quarters.....sorry for that.... Anyhow, I have all the faith in the world that you guys can help me! No pressure, LOL..... Thanks again!!!!

Sure does look to have Oriental eyes.;) :dontknow:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AngeeB

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calisdad, Thanks! I found it in an old trunk lining on the east coast, in an antique store. I have yet to find anything on this piece or the markings.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AngeeB

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE! It does look oriental doesn't it? I wonder if I contacted some sort of historian if they could track it or at least the makers mark?

Upvote 0

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE! It does look oriental doesn't it? I wonder if I contacted some sort of historian if they could track it or at least the makers mark?
Hey AB, Hope to hear the 'good news'...from your 'good luck' charm! :)

Upvote 0

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cast mold imperfections seem clearly visible and to me seem a slam dunk as cast,also no carving marks or post carving polishing marks.sweet find

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think your 3-faced nugget could be brass. Brass has a very distinct odor that rubs off on your fingers more than directly smelling it. Find a brass key, generally an older house key. Rub the key between your index and thumb several times, then smell of your fingers. Repeat the same test with your nugget, with the opposite hand. After smelling your fingers, you should be able to determine if it is brass.

Here is a site with a multi-faced Buddha. Yours looks more 'American' faced. Tibet Carved 4 face silver Buddha head statues for sale

Generally, 14K jewelry, especially white gold jewelry will leave a dark mark on your skin because the 'finish' has worn off of the gold. With all the many chemicals our jewelry comes in contact with, the new finish that is applied to gold (generally it is Rhodium) eventually wears off, thus leaving dark ear lobes for earrings, fingers for rings, etc. because the gold is making contact with your skin and the chemicals in make-up. Brass will also leave dark streaks.
Why Rings Discolor Your Finger

WELCOME to the forum!

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AngeeB

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TJE! I'm trying to hunt someone down.....LOL...my luck, it's a bad luck charm! Ha!!!!

Upvote 0

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TJE! I'm trying to hunt someone down.....LOL...my luck, it's a bad luck charm! Ha!!!!
Ha!...you just never know AB ;) ...no matter what, it's still a 'keepsake' for storytelling! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions