Need help identifying white roundish stone

rowsley

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find this in a field by our house in canton, ohio. It's about the size of a cue ball. Not completely round, but roundish. Seems to have black ding marks on it but the whole thing is perfectly smooth and has a decent weight to it. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?
tehy7a2e.jpg
bugytesy.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if you had found it at an old farm house I would say it is an old laying egg, used to get the hens to start laying.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rowsley

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I mean could possibly be. I was thinking something native like hammer stone but I honestly have no clue. Ill see if anyone else has anything to say. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its a natural rock. In Wyoming the Green River has all kinds of river rock polished to a smooth luster just the same. I would expect to see more inline striation marks on it to be considered a stone tool. I'm going to Wyoming next week. I'll pick up a few stones out of the river to show when I get up there. But I could be wrong? Taz42o may have it as he's from the clay country and land of the pottery makers. I can see a rock getting a nice finish in that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread