What's new

Mysterious Golden Triangle

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
3,983
Reaction score
2,246
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug what read as a quarter and got this thick triangular item with very heavy gold plating says "Players Casino" Also have noticed it has a hole in one side. Not sure if it is a chip or jewelery. If anyone knows for sure this items original use , please do tell , Thanks in advance :headbang:

10_12_2015 Golden triangle.webp 10_12_2015 Golden triangle side.webp
 
Upvote 16
Well, I'm not at all sure but that item could have come apart from a keyring.But I like that real old key.
 
Card player "marker" ?
 
Put on your cards to show dealer your cards are live, so they don't muck them.A chip or marker shows dealer they are live. Or could have been part to keychain either guess would work and the hole could have been for chain or just part of the manufacturing process.
 
thats cool man good piece of info too!
 
probably part of a keychain
 
I want to find a skeleton key
 
While the keychain part sounds good, I am kind of leaning towards the marker / game piece explanation simply because it is so heavy and thick, you wouldn't want a key-chain to be heavy right ?
 
While the keychain part sounds good, I am kind of leaning towards the marker / game piece explanation simply because it is so heavy and thick, you wouldn't want a key-chain to be heavy right ?

the reason I say keychain is because I've seen souvenir ones from Vegas that the fob part is a metal loop with a heavy center that spins being mounted on one or two posts. usually the center part is made like the famous 'welcome to fabulous las vegas' sign, but I've seen others as well. Anyway, I'm not real certain what you have since I'm only seeing a photo.
 
THATS A KEY FIND ! BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE TRIANGLE ??????
 
"ALL IN" TRIANGLE
 

Attachments

  • 1444873865718.webp
    1444873865718.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom