What's new

Mystery Belt Plate?

Dirtwisher

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2013
Messages
515
Reaction score
882
Golden Thread
1
Location
MA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this tonight about 6" down at a 1700 home site. I don't think it's super old but I absolutely love the design. Anyone have any thoughts on what this was? There are words on the top and bottom but I can't make them out. The end looks like "...ernorum" or something close to that. I'm dying to get the background on this. Is this considered a belt plate?

Also, found my first oval buckle. Was this specifically for a woman? It still works!

Thanks in advance!
DW
 

Attachments

  • image-811836055.webp
    image-811836055.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 201
  • image-2917997532.webp
    image-2917997532.webp
    103 KB · Views: 188
  • image-2186713181.webp
    image-2186713181.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 162
  • image-3900236737.webp
    image-3900236737.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 18
DIRT WISHER WHAT AND THE HOLY HEAEL HAVE YOU FOUND. MY UH I WILL JUST WAIT LIKE YOU TO FIND OUT.AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I believe it is a version of the "GAR" (Grand Army of the Republic) buckle, which was a Union Veterans Organization after the Civil War.
 
DIRT WISHER WHAT AND THE HOLY HEAEL HAVE YOU FOUND. MY UH I WILL JUST WAIT LIKE YOU TO FIND OUT.AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SONS OF THE UNION VETERANS BUCKLE EST.1890- 1910
 
Last edited:
Very nice find! Sons of Union veteran buckle. Aprox. Value around $50. I'd take that any day. Congrats to you!!!
 
Nice find, always wanting to find one, congrats to you.
 
Very nice find! Sons of Union veteran buckle. Aprox. Value around $50. I'd take that any day. Congrats to you!!!
Thanks a lot. I'm not gonna find a USA plate up this way, so I'm happy with this one!
 
That thing is really nice looking bud. Great find. Where's that tree coin? This is your year 8-)
 
That's a very nice & unique looking belt plate.
 
Thanks a lot. I'm not gonna find a USA plate up this way, so I'm happy with this one!

U might not find a cs plate but u have some major history in ur neck of the woods.. Perseverance buddy
 
awesome buckle
 
thats a cool buckle. very nice.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom