What's new

Mystery Coin

Elevatorguy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Can anyone ID this based on these pictures? Any info will be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • user4092.webp
    user4092.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 334
  • user4092_pic5.webp
    user4092_pic5.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 337
  • user4092_pic56.webp
    user4092_pic56.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 331
  • size compare.webp
    size compare.webp
    280 KB · Views: 324
  • half compare.webp
    half compare.webp
    265.7 KB · Views: 317
Need better pic of the side with the long cut. Single pic that you have of that side of the coin is upside down.
 
Upvote 0
I think I see 80.
 
Upvote 0
It's a Brazilian 80 Réis, copper... mid to late 1800's
 
Upvote 0
Elevatorguy, where did you find this piece? :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Arthur Neto said:
Elevatorguy, where did you find this piece? :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for the effort by everyone and the quick ID by Arthur. This coin is not mine, but it was dug here in Massachusetts last year. Thanks again.
 
Upvote 0
Very cool. The oldest coin I've ever found was an 1818 Brasil 80 Reis found here in New Hampshire when I first started detecting 20 years ago.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom