Mystery date Large Cent

What year do your eyes see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RFshooter

Greenie
Dec 14, 2013
NJ
Well the other day I pulled my first ever Large Cent and oldest find to date. It rang up as a deep 83 in some sand/soil mix. Only problem is...can't make out a date on it. What I am able to make out on reverse is the word "states" and the fraction 1/?00 which told me Large cent. The obverse, I was able to flashlight a head facing to the right letting me know it's pre-1808. I then got out my scope light and snapped some pics. My eyes maybe playing tricks with me, but please chime in on what you see for a date. I'll keep a running tally and at the end, maybe the consensus will reveal the mystery date.
Thanks to all those who post their opinion.

Still0005.jpg

coachbedford

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard for me to tell where the date starts or ends. I might be able to tell more if I could tell which type of liberty head it is. F'r'instance a Chain, Wreath or Liberty Cap type large cent would really narrow down the date possibilities.

OP
OP
R

RFshooter

Greenie
Dec 14, 2013
NJ
Def not a Chain, don't see any cap so it may not be a Liberty Cap, I'm leaning toward Draped Bust myself

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And the eye doc told me I was not blind at my last check up, yeah right.??????????????????vanzutphen

OP
OP
R

RFshooter

Greenie
Dec 14, 2013
NJ
Wow! How'd you do dat? Is that some high end software or basic paint? Is it something I could for future mystery coins? Thanks for this image coinman123.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! How'd you do dat? Is that some high end software or basic paint? Is it something I could for future mystery coins? Thanks for this image coinman123.

Photoscape, a free program, here is an edit I did with a coin I found yesterday

new.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions