"Mystery Hill" site in Salem, NH

ChangeTheGame

Greenie
Feb 14, 2008
"Mystery Hill" site in Salem, NH

I'm sure some of you have heard of this place, called Mystery Hill, often referred to as America's Stonehenge. I grew up about a mile away from the place, and after searching Google Earth for random things in my old home town, I stumbled upon this. I've marked out the actual Mystery Hill location, what intrigues me is the "asterisk" like formation in the wooded area next to the site. Not sure what's going on there, but it definitely doesn't look too natural to me. I don't know, I could be wrong, let me know what you guys thing.

Attachments

• Mystery Hill Site.jpg
    Mystery Hill Site.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 8,726
  • Mystery Hill Site.kml
    1.4 KB · Views: 157

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Mystery Hill" site in Salem, NH

I for one haven't heard of Mystery Hill...but I plan on googling it right after this post....The design in the timber is very interesting....I wonder what is in the "nucleus". Thanks for the intriguing picture...

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Change...I also used to live near by there in NH and Mass and always had a curiousity about the place...As far as I know no one has been able to deinitivetily say what it is etc. Wasn't detecting back when I lived there but think it would be an awesome place to detect if permission could be secured. Am off to read Gypsy's link and refresh my memory about the place....Keep us posted on what you find out and if you can get permission to hunt there.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

;D Got a book on Mystery Hill; looking at "Google Earth" thingie... is that a Thumb Tack (White), below Mystery Hill? DANG!! ???

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Friends in another detecting forum said they had looked into this site and inquired with the powers to be there about detecting the site....He said they are still laughing hysterically at him..... :'(

OP
OP
ChangeTheGame

ChangeTheGame

Greenie
Feb 14, 2008

Mainedigger said:
Friends in another detecting forum said they had looked into this site and inquired with the powers to be there about detecting the site....He said they are still laughing hysterically at him..... :'(

I'm not too worried about it, I've gotta do a little research about who actually owns the land where the "asterisk" is, but I'm fairly certain I already know who it is, and it IS NOT the same people who own the Mystery Hill site. I'm not interested in detecting on the Mystery Hill site, as I've been there probably 100 times over the last 25 years. I'm more interested in exploring the other land there. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I come up with as far as ownership and permission to check it out.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Change....hopefully the spot you wanna detect is privately owned and they will give you permission, for that would be a place with tons of potential!!! Good luck and keep us posted on what more you find out and how you make out on getting permission.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Change,
That looks like an interesting site; hope you get to hunt it!

As far as Mystery hill goes.............I think it's a crock!
Been there, and thought it was just an old foundation site; leftovers of Old farm buildings.
But, that's just my (and husband's) opinion ::)

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

that is incredible.looks too symmetrical to be run off or logging trails.

the mystery hill site from what I remember had modern rearranging altering it's original look.the pyramids
of giza was altered too in the remote past(some theorise it may had a gold cap stone).the face stone was whitish (I forget the name of the material).

Imagine for a moment that the center of the starburst is a repository of ancient records,and the powers that be whisk it away to a big warehouse like the ark in Indiana jones.I have such crazy imagination don't I?

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes , I have a book around here somewhere , that has alot of stuff on that place . I'll try to dig it up ! As I remember the book has many photos in it , there is a granite slab that the archeo people think was used for sacrifices or something . interesting place !

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Mistergee wrote:
what does that mean?

It is a very lazy way to keep track of the discussion - since all I then have to do is click on "replies to your posts" (see above) and any new posts in that thread show up. It saves hunting down the exact thread or having to make a "bookmark" in order to find it again easily. It also shows just how lazy a guy can get! ::) :o :-[ ;D :D
Oroblanco

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

thanks oro... i saw that before, but couldn't figure it out. i dont think its lazy, i think its brilliant.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

i think i saw something on tv once where you stop your car and put it in neutral , then the car rolls uphill. is this the same place?

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.

The place where your car seems to roll uphill is near Olean, N.Y. I can look up the exact location if anyone wants it.
Clayton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions