J Julien10000 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 21, 2019 Messages 5 Reaction score 12 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 21, 2019 #1 Hi. I ve found this Kind of stone with shiny black face with my metal detector in a field. React to detector and neodym magnet. What is it?
Hi. I ve found this Kind of stone with shiny black face with my metal detector in a field. React to detector and neodym magnet. What is it?
Jason in Enid Gold Member Joined Oct 10, 2009 Messages 9,692 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 21, 2019 #2 Cant answer that. Broken machine part? Furnace slag? Meteorite? Artillery shrapnel? Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,020 Reaction score 28,180 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Oct 22, 2019 #3 Looks like iron slag to me, but I wouldn't rule out it being a meteorite. Here are some pics of iron slag for comparison. Dave Attachments Slag-as-a-by-product-from-steel-making-furnace-2.webp 23.7 KB · Views: 72 iron-slag.webp 27.2 KB · Views: 92 Upvote 0
Looks like iron slag to me, but I wouldn't rule out it being a meteorite. Here are some pics of iron slag for comparison. Dave
J Julien10000 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 21, 2019 Messages 5 Reaction score 12 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 22, 2019 Thread Owner #4 Thanks a lot guys!! I will cut small piece of it to look inside. Upvote 0