What's new

Mystery Stone Any Ideas?

jeramme

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
MN
Hi all, I found this piece near the river. I thought it might be a fossil, or it was suggested that it is just mud that cracked and turned to stone. It looks like sandstone, but seems harder and denser. Any ideas? Thanks for your time and consideration.
 

Attachments

  • Fossill Front 1.webp
    Fossill Front 1.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Fossill Front 2.webp
    Fossill Front 2.webp
    328.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Fossill Back 1.webp
    Fossill Back 1.webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Fossill Back 2.webp
    Fossill Back 2.webp
    336.9 KB · Views: 99
If I had to guess I would say a piece of a septarian concretion
 
Sorry I see this is in another thread. Got a little confused for min.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom