What's new

N.E. OKLA Scrapers ...

buckshot

Full Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
204
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey all, Naturegirl and i were checking out a new to us creek this past weekend. I found these 2 small scrapers and was wondering what material they might be? The dark one looks black at first,but it's a really dark brown and has a translucence to it when held to the light. We thought it may be chalcedony? The other is more of a mottled gray/black color. Naturegirl thinks it's reed springs? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • osco2 007 (800x599).webp
    osco2 007 (800x599).webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 118
  • osco2 008 (800x659).webp
    osco2 008 (800x659).webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 106
  • osco2 017.webp
    osco2 017.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 94
  • osco2 019 (608x800).webp
    osco2 019 (608x800).webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 99
  • osco3 004 (722x800) (722x800).webp
    osco3 004 (722x800) (722x800).webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 93
  • osco3 006 (752x800).webp
    osco3 006 (752x800).webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 89
  • osco3 020 (800x489).webp
    osco3 020 (800x489).webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 93
  • osco3 014 (331x761).webp
    osco3 014 (331x761).webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Nice little scraper! :icon_thumleft: That one looks like it once had a graver.
 
Nice little scraper! :icon_thumleft: That one looks like it once had a graver.

Hey old digger, I think your right! The first one did have a graver spur! I am still unsure as to what material either are made. But, I really like finding them!
 
I don't know what the material is on the first one, but could the second scraper be Florence C chert? Nice finds Buckshot!
36%20Florence%20C%20chert.jpg
 
Hey Charmin, Thanks for info! That would be material more common to the area. Maybe i can find some more examples on the creek to compare.... Thanks again- buckshot
 
just one bump, then I'll leave it lay...but we really are curious about the material of the dark, translucent scraper...dacite? novaculite (the rootbeer variety?) prolly not obsidian? really curious ;)!!!

Thanks!
lisa, (naturegirl, not buckshot, 'cause he would never be so pushy!)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom