What's new

Nantucket produces a beaut!

CHUDs

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
677
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poking around some gravel bars and dunes today and picked this stunning Celt out of the sand! My heart soared! Showed my buddy/mentor. He said he’s never seen one here before! I’m feeling very blessed. I can hardly believe I found it... The in situ is not exactly as it was. I picked it up and then put it back for the pic. The bit was buried. Thanks all! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530553902.700403.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530554140.571962.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530554160.407663.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530554170.757749.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530554183.126642.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great find ! How are you going to top that one ?
 
Not sure if I can top it southfork but I’m definitely going to try!
 
Nice job. Good eye. Congrats
 
Nice little Celt! I found a couple of little celts this spring about the same size of yours!
 
Congratulations on a killer find. I love Stone Tools and that one is a beauty. Do you know what age? In my area a square Celt like would be considered Hopewell or at least Woodland.
 
That is some kind of fine! Congrats!
 
The Grim Reaper: I really don’t know. I’ve learned everything from y’all...I’m mildly familiar with a projectile point ID page but beyond that? As always...I love input!
 
This is from Massachusetts...Nantucket island to be specific.
 
Yep, it's beaut. Congrats
 
The artifact guide published by the Massachusetts Archaeological Society describes celts as Late Archaic-Late Woodland in age. Don't see square forms too often....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom