What's new

NASA releases most detailed topographical data ever... ASTER

Marc

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
3,321
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
June 29th, 2009

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/aster-20090629.html

I still don't know how to view the data.... if someone can figure it out, let us know!

I like this quote...

"According to Mike Abrams, Aster science team leader at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., the new topographic information will be of value throughout the Earth sciences and has many practical applications. "Aster's accurate topographic data will be used for engineering, energy exploration, conserving natural resources, environmental management, public works design, firefighting, recreation, geology and city planning, to name just a few areas," Abrams said. " :icon_thumleft:
 
Marc said:
I still don't know how to view the data.... if someone can figure it out, let us know!

I've got to get ready for church, or I would download it now...

Bran <><

http://www.gdem.aster.ersdac.or.jp/feature.jsp

2.User registration
To download ASTER GDEM, you need to register.
For user registration, you need to enter your individual information such as name, organization name, as well as your username and password.

3.Login
To download ASTER GDEM, you need to register and login.
You can login with registered username and password.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom