What's new

Native American basket?

Rhino64

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First post on this site so be kind!... Anyone know what kind of basket this is and who made it? Old, well made and has 2 shoulder/backpack straps... (I’m not sure if the picture is posted or not!) Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 51E024AC-C18D-4A3A-8AC6-8822E44931A0.webp
    51E024AC-C18D-4A3A-8AC6-8822E44931A0.webp
    402.5 KB · Views: 109
Beautiful piece ! I live in Santa fe , NM. and am no stranger to Native basketry of this area - This does not resemble any of the SouthWestern baskets I've seen - but I'm no expert .. maybe post this on the Native American artifact forum here -you'll have more expert eyes on it .
 
Rhino, welcome to TreasureNet. It always helps to give as much info as possible, where you acquired it, how you got it, size or size references, and pictures from all directions.
 
Not NA in my opinion, has a more Asian or African look. I have never seen any NA large baskets with shoulder straps.
 
These are French grape harvest baskets.

grape basket1.webp

grape 2.webp

grape3.webp
 
Thanks All!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom