What's new

Native American Calumets and knife

Relic junkie

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone on this site tell me anything about these artifacts I inherited from my father? I have seen a few similar online but have yet to find anything conclusive as to their origin or value. Any info would be greatly appreciated. photos of artifacts3.webpphotos of artifacts4.webpartifactknifesheath.webpphotos of artifacts2.webp
 
Upvote 0
did your father go to canada?
 
Moved to NA Indian Artifact Forum
 
The knife is modern for sure, the other 2 pieces very suspect as to age as well. At least IMHO.
 
They're contemporary reproductions, or, at least most of them are. The stone pipes (first and last piece) are modern interpretations of "Great Pipes" - the beaver one was created with a dremel or similar rotary tool. The knife is slabbed obsidian set into a bone handle that was contoured with either a file or bench grinder. The beaded case is the only one that I can't tell a lot about from the pic, a larger image of the beadwork would help greatly.

Hope this helps.
 
I was thinking they look less genuine left to right. :icon_scratch: The piece on the left looks the realist the knife and the beaver look more like replicas. :dontknow: I'd get a 2nd opinion on the pipe to the left. ??? More photo's "Would" be cool !! 8-)

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
They're contemporary reproductions, or, at least most of them are. The stone pipes (first and last piece) are modern interpretations of "Great Pipes" - the beaver one was created with a dremel or similar rotary tool. The knife is slabbed obsidian set into a bone handle that was contoured with either a file or bench grinder. The beaded case is the only one that I can't tell a lot about from the pic, a larger image of the beadwork would help greatly.

Hope this helps.


Matt is correct. Both of the Pipes and the Knife are modern reproductions. Chances are the Beaded Bag is too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom