M Matt Lucas Tenderfoot Joined Jan 2, 2017 Messages 5 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 2, 2017 #1 Can anyone help in identifying what this was used for? I found in a creek on my property with a lot of other grinding stones and tools. [/PHP] Upvote 0
Can anyone help in identifying what this was used for? I found in a creek on my property with a lot of other grinding stones and tools. [/PHP]
S seekerGH Hero Member Joined Jan 25, 2016 Messages 888 Reaction score 571 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #2 Native Americans would frequently pile up random rocks to watch the white settlers try to figure out what they used that rock for. all the while shopping online through celestial methods with the Vikings (Ikea) Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
Native Americans would frequently pile up random rocks to watch the white settlers try to figure out what they used that rock for. all the while shopping online through celestial methods with the Vikings (Ikea)
Treasure_Hunter Administrator ⛮ Administrator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jul 27, 2006 Messages 56,448 Reaction score 72,693 Golden Thread 0 Jan 2, 2017 #3 I'm only seeing natural rock, the two channels in 1st picture look natural, most likely a softer fossil that fell out or deteriorated.. November 9, 2016 A New Future
I'm only seeing natural rock, the two channels in 1st picture look natural, most likely a softer fossil that fell out or deteriorated.. November 9, 2016 A New Future
S seekerGH Hero Member Joined Jan 25, 2016 Messages 888 Reaction score 571 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #4 a creek full of round grinding rocks?
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #5 Sorry, but that is a natural stone and not an artifact.
jmaschal Sr. Member Joined May 29, 2015 Messages 491 Reaction score 690 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #6 Just waiting for BWB to chime in on this one
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #7 jmaschal said: Just waiting for BWB to chime in on this one Click to expand... You just know it's Jesuit and has some mystical meaning. lol
jmaschal said: Just waiting for BWB to chime in on this one Click to expand... You just know it's Jesuit and has some mystical meaning. lol
Ohio_Doug Hero Member Joined Dec 5, 2007 Messages 558 Reaction score 63 Golden Thread 0 Location Southeast Ohio Jan 2, 2017 #8 Natural creek rock.
F flinthunter Hero Member Joined Jan 3, 2011 Messages 903 Reaction score 1,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Illinois Detector(s) used E-Trac, V3i, DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #9 I agree that it is a naturally formed stone, but on the other hand, maybe it's a game stone used in the first prehistoric Mr. Potato Head.
I agree that it is a naturally formed stone, but on the other hand, maybe it's a game stone used in the first prehistoric Mr. Potato Head.
M Mrtodd Sr. Member Joined Aug 28, 2014 Messages 260 Reaction score 379 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #10 I admit I would keep it
M Matt Lucas Tenderfoot Joined Jan 2, 2017 Messages 5 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Location Alabama Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 2, 2017 Thread Owner #11 Yeah I'm gonna keep mr. potato head. Thanks for taking a look.
T.C. Bronze Member Joined May 17, 2012 Messages 2,432 Reaction score 3,801 Golden Thread 0 Location Kalamity Falls, Orygun Detector(s) used Whites M6 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #12 Check over on the rock thread....they can at least tell ya what kind of rock it is
coosakid Hero Member Joined Nov 3, 2016 Messages 611 Reaction score 970 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 2, 2017 #13 I kind of miss the Jesuit post, I get a kick out of them
S seekerGH Hero Member Joined Jan 25, 2016 Messages 888 Reaction score 571 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 3, 2017 #14 I sense bad juju if Mr Potato Head not returned to creek with Mrs Potato Head. No more little grinding rocks for you! Note: Certainly that is a Jesuit Cross on the front. (Special SGH IR enhanced imaging) By any chance is this your yard? Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
I sense bad juju if Mr Potato Head not returned to creek with Mrs Potato Head. No more little grinding rocks for you! Note: Certainly that is a Jesuit Cross on the front. (Special SGH IR enhanced imaging) By any chance is this your yard?
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #15 I like it and would have brought it back too, the markings are curious.
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 5, 2017 #16 I would have said maybe a cooking stone but those rocks like that in Alabama are usually a type of quartz inside and will explode when heated. I like it as it just looked like a potatoe.
I would have said maybe a cooking stone but those rocks like that in Alabama are usually a type of quartz inside and will explode when heated. I like it as it just looked like a potatoe.