What's new

Native American Thunderbird Pendant?

sadie1113

Greenie
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while metal detecting. It is about 1"x 1.5". It is not magnetic. It looks like it used to have something on the top of the head, possibly a jewelry bail. It also looks like something is broken off in the middle such as a tail. I'm guessing it is something more modern.
 

Attachments

  • 20200613_143643.webp
    20200613_143643.webp
    809.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200613_143535.webp
    20200613_143535.webp
    406 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200613_143701.webp
    20200613_143701.webp
    802.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200613_143622.webp
    20200613_143622.webp
    505.1 KB · Views: 105
Native American Thunderbird Keychain C712BF96-3949-4456-A1BB-2BC24725CA59.webp
 
Upvote 0
I had one as a kid. I bought one for my daughter maybe 20 years ago.
 
Upvote 0
I found this while metal detecting. It is about 1"x 1.5". It is not magnetic. It looks like it used to have something on the top of the head, possibly a jewelry bail. It also looks like something is broken off in the middle such as a tail. I'm guessing it is something more modern.

Found the same exact one about 2 months ago. Tail was broken off of mine too. I think I read these could have started in the 50-60s.

Still a good find. Good add to a collection.

5EAC4C21-A8AB-4335-8467-EA5A94E4CD1E.webp
 
Upvote 0
I remember those being for sale back in the early 70's
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom