What's new

Native American Zuni Necklace.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I saw this one today in a shop some place else. I was bored today cause it was raining again. I saw this necklace and earring set for sale. I like colored stones as most already know. Of course my wife or kid didnt like it so I thought Id research it. Secretcanyon pointed me in the rite direction on it and there I went. All the stone horses are hand carved. Everything together with all the stones it would retail for $170 for the set. Its all Gem stones. I paid less than $7 for it 8-)
 

Attachments

  • 100_3778.webp
    100_3778.webp
    245.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_3770.webp
    100_3770.webp
    295.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_3774.webp
    100_3774.webp
    197.4 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Don't know nothing about them but at that price don't see how you could go wrong.:thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 
Sure it's Zuni? Looks Navajo...

It could be Navajo. I just googled NA Necklace and then did pics and found the horses. The type of stones are Turquoise, Paisley Jasper, Tiger Eye and the large horse is Jasper. Could of been custom made or bought by piece and then made at home. I just went by the piece price and came up with the price. If it was a custom piece it would cost more.
When I bought it I didnt know it was NA Indian. I was just thinking on the resale for my area. I read where the Indians believed that the horse was a healing animal so if you were to wear this necklace it would be for a healing source.
 
Last edited:
Im going with Zuni on this piece by the shape of the horses. Zuni do their horse with a round body on the tail area where Navajo actually look the same but show a tail worked into the body and Zuni doesnt like the ones posted I bought.
I find research quite a bit of fun when you find something like this and I think its funny I didnt even know it was a NA Indian piece. I know now why I liked it. Quite a bit of people around here have horses.
Thanks to everyone for their help, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom