What's new

native influence

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Hey guys and gals, this is a little off be since I'm aware that this is an artifact forum, but in my travels while relic and fossil hunting, I always seem to come acrossed many skulls and bones. I eventually started collecting them. One day I thought I should make something out of them. So this is the result.

The quiver is made of braided hemp with the base being made of bone. The arrows are made of wood with real feathers and real bone tip. The bow is made of wood and hemp.

The idea behind it is obviously a Native American Archer. I hope you like it. It is one of many that I have created.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_135309.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135309.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20140105_135316.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135316.webp
    16 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20140105_135324.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135324.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20140105_135330.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135330.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Cool!
Kinda puts a whole new spin on stick men eh?
 
I have others that are much more elaborate
 
That is something cool to do with the bones you find:icon_thumleft:. That's a bad looking little dude.:laughing7:
 
I like it too. Would like to see the others.
 
Haven't seen one like that before...a first! Very creative Red Earth :icon_thumright:
 
My adventurer
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_203023.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203023.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203033.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203033.webp
    19 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203042.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203042.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 96
Offering
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_203209.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203209.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203219.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203219.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 102
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203231.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203231.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203241.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203241.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 96
This one is kinda hard to make out when it's not right in front of you but...
I'm sure you have all heard of the Nevada Indians fighting the red haired cannibalistic giants
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_203607.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203607.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203617.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203617.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 97
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203626.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203626.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203635.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203635.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 87
Sea Monster
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_203742.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203742.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203750.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203750.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 88
Battling one another
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_203916.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203916.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203924.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203924.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 97
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203933.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203933.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203941.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203941.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20140105_203955.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_203955.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 92
Victory
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_204049.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204049.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 92
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204056.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204056.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 87
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204107.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204107.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204115.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204115.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 84
Randoms.

Some of the previous ones are quite large. 12 and 13 inches tall.

I have a few more but this will do I believe

If any1 has any questions or want better pics, feel free to ask

Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_204203.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204203.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204211.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204211.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204221.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204221.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204230.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204230.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20140105_204238.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_204238.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 87
I LOVE these! very expressive, and a most definite niche. You've caught the posture and expression just right for each action, and great use of the individual bones. I've often considered doing just what you are doing, just never found the proper ummmppf to get it done. Do you sell these? or is it just because you enjoy making them. If you do sell, beware of that killing the obvious fun you have with them. It's almost like I was believing in another little race of creatures by the time I looked at all the pictures. Good job! Do you have a website? and anything out of armadillo scales? ('cause those little scales are just neat.)

lisa
 
Thank you nature girl. I haven't ever sold any of them and I don't have a website. I always wanted to be a paleontologist/archaeologists. That didn't work out for quite a few seasons. So I started discovering my own species! !! Lol.
I'm glad you like my world. I almost made a city/village, but I ran out of certain bones I wanted to use
 
Really cool work. Great imagination, I enjoyed looking at them. I know people would buy them cause they are so unique. Problem is how to ship without them getting broke. Ha. If you have more I'd love to see them.
 
Those are awesome! Definitely not your plastic car model of your youth!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom