What's new

native influence

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Hey guys and gals, this is a little off be since I'm aware that this is an artifact forum, but in my travels while relic and fossil hunting, I always seem to come acrossed many skulls and bones. I eventually started collecting them. One day I thought I should make something out of them. So this is the result.

The quiver is made of braided hemp with the base being made of bone. The arrows are made of wood with real feathers and real bone tip. The bow is made of wood and hemp.

The idea behind it is obviously a Native American Archer. I hope you like it. It is one of many that I have created.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140105_135309.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135309.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20140105_135316.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135316.webp
    16 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20140105_135324.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135324.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20140105_135330.webp
    ForumRunner_20140105_135330.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Nature girl, I don't have anything made of armadillo. Would like some though
 
Nature girl, I would stand in front of a mirror or have someone pose for me just to get the correct form
 
I've done a little art work with what I pick up.."inspiration is where you find it" huh;)

mine.webp
This one was sculpted after a small composita brachiopod fossil I found. I thought it was cute, but needed to be bigger, and then it needed feet, and then the feet needed to be clutching something. It makes me grin.
009.webp 008.webp
This turtle was from shells I found, made a mold on them, and then put this turtle together and cast it in bronze. It make me grin too.

I really like what you do.
 
Wow!!! That is very cool. The fact that you cast it in bronze is very impressive. To me. I have always been interested in metalurgy. I weld but I have been wanting it build a forge and start to pour and cast.
 
Bet maybe you could do the pictures with a story line or whatever...and have a nice book to sale to some publisher? Really nice!
 
Red,

WOWWWWW, excellent use and artistic interpretation of the remenants of Mother Natures creatures. Very nice work......Gary
 
I'm glad all of you enjoy them. When I show people they act like I'm strange a lot of times
 
Those are very cool the strangeness is what makes them so interesting... Almost macob.
Thanks for sharing those
 
Bet maybe you could do the pictures with a story line or whatever...and have a nice book to sale to some publisher? Really nice!

When I look at these I picture stop motion animation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom