What's new

Native Stone Tool or Weapon?

TJE

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
1,159
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all, bit of a newbie here. Great site here..and good people :)
I've some pics here of what I believe could be a native hammer/tool or even a possible warclub/weapon. It's just a bit smaller than a closed fist and has some good weight to it. I discovered it on the shoreline of Georgian Bay (across from Lake Huron on The Bruce Peninsula). Anyone have better knowledge than me (which isn't alot) in this area of finds.It would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 2013-02-21 13.23.19.webp
    2013-02-21 13.23.19.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 2013-02-21 13.28.06.webp
    2013-02-21 13.28.06.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 355
  • 2013-02-21 13.38.21.webp
    2013-02-21 13.38.21.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 2013-02-21 13.42.08.webp
    2013-02-21 13.42.08.webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 2013-02-21 13.42.36.webp
    2013-02-21 13.42.36.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0
You have a grooved maul I think. I can't say for sure, but I am pretty sure. Nice find!!
 
Hey NC, thanks for the info. Any way I would be able to get it dated?
Thanks again.
TJE
 
It might be natural. I cant tell cause it is so blurry. If anything I would say a grinding stone but I cant see if there is any use wear on the flat side. You need better pictures almost all of these are fuzzy. Sorry
 
Hey rock, crappy pics don't help ;/ will try for some clearer ones and post here.
Thanks for the info...it all helps! :)
TJE
 
Take your pics outside and use the marco setting. You will get a great deal of a better pic
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom