C Cassie8907 Tenderfoot Joined Jun 30, 2021 Messages 4 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 6, 2021 #1 Found these and many more on a creek that had been washed up.. Attachments 20210701_013944.webp 393.5 KB · Views: 93 20210701_013957.webp 239.2 KB · Views: 94
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 6, 2021 #2 Second piece might be worked. What size is it? Upvote 0
Fat Bronze Member Joined Oct 22, 2020 Messages 2,191 Reaction score 6,897 Golden Thread 0 Location Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado Detector(s) used I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy Primary Interest: Other Jul 6, 2021 #3 ...the second pieces does look like a small core that has been exhausted but I wouldn’t call it a tool. A core was a big piece of rock(lithic) that was knapped or flaked, chipped, broken down to make tools from the flaked off pieces... Upvote 0
...the second pieces does look like a small core that has been exhausted but I wouldn’t call it a tool. A core was a big piece of rock(lithic) that was knapped or flaked, chipped, broken down to make tools from the flaked off pieces...
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 6, 2021 #4 I agree the 2nd piece is worked. The first one, not. Upvote 0
Treasure_Hunter Administrator ⛮ Administrator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jul 27, 2006 Messages 56,447 Reaction score 72,693 Golden Thread 0 Jul 6, 2021 #5 Here is a large core piece I found in Missouri. When it is exhausted it will be about the size of a golf ball. Upvote 1
Here is a large core piece I found in Missouri. When it is exhausted it will be about the size of a golf ball.