Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I have an elderly friend asking me to make him an offer on all this nazi stuff that he has dug while living in Germany.A few things are older.
I bought one collection of stateside dug relics already.
Any idea what this stuff is worth?
received_1107841739696570.jpeg received_821919688363200.jpeg All in dug condition.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea, but you should be able to find comparable sold items on Ebay to get a good idea.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, ebay has long banned the sale of any items like this, pretty much all they allow is coins, non propaganda books and stamps - But anything else with the evil symbol is banned, and will get you banned for trying to sell it.
Stuff honestly is practically worthless, very common stuff and pretty badly trashed. Party pin might be worth $30 or so. If it was all near mint you'd be looking around $200, in this condition you'd have a hard time dumping them for $75 or so, so if you really want it I'd offer $40.
Tags, not a tag guy but anything SS sells, don't see any there but are in decent shape and could have some value.
Nice historic finds just the same, maybe he'll luck out and find an honor ring, then you'd be talking $1,000's maybe $10,000's

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told me the german dog tags bring about 50 each but I'm not sure. The badges are rough so I'm sure your right.
He has a large Napoleonic collection, mostly buttons and about 800 musket balls. That's what I'm wanting to buy if the price is right.
I'm trying to get a price for everything he has left Including coins but he is having a hard time letting it all go at one time.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Common military stuff from any nation can be a tough sell, guys look at dealer sites and say "Look, this sold for $350 there", but that is no real indication of market value [like smokey said, ebay usually the best source for that, but not an option for NS stuff], and usually you'll be lucky to get half of what a dealers gets, if you factor in corrosion then, that really drags the value down to near nothing. Like most other collectable markets, sellers want too much and buyers want too low, and its tough to find a middle ground. Now if you have a Pour le Mérite or chained SS dagger thats different, very limited and in high demand, even rough can be worth some good $$.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unfortunately, Tinnies sell for $10 a piece if that in very good condition. Since these were dug, you might get $1-$3 a piece for them. The dog tags would be the only source of money if you're looking to sell, and with dogtags, it gets complicated.

It all comes down to which unit is on the dogtag. Flak units are some of the most common dogtags found, and therefore being sold. You might get $30 a piece for them.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: