What's new

🥇 BANNER NC Civil War Officer buckle - My best find EVER!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, I'm still in shock and overjoyed! After work today I thought I'd get in a few hours of detecting since it was so nice out. I headed back to one of the yards I've been detecting, but never really gridded off thoroughly. Within about 20 minutes I had a strong signal in the front yard. I knew it was fairly big so I cut a decent sized plug. At about 5" deep, I reached in and pulled out one h-ll of a nice CW relic. I saw the "NC on the buckle right away and knew I had one piece of a two piece CW buckle. It is in fantastic condition too. I searched around a bit for the other half, but nothing yet. I will be back though, believe me.
When I got home, I looked it up in my CW relic book which stated that it is a "very rare" buckle.

Does anyone know the value of this NC buckle? I'm still in shock.

What type of soldier would have worn a buckle like this?

Now here's two other tidbits that make this find more exciting:
*I found it in an open area that DD-777 and Mirage had hit a few weeks back. I can't believe they missed it, but I'm truly thankful. :thumbsup:
It must have been my Mighty Tesoro Umax. ;D :tongue3:
*I found it next door to the yard I dug the CW "CSN" button awhile back.
Perhaps an officer lived here?

My other finds were:

* 1897 IH
*1964 Rosie
*Suspender clip (?) with stars & a design on it.
*Two wheats (45 & 52)
*Antique pocket watch.

A fantastic day indeed for Modern Miner.
Thanks for looking,
MM

P.S. YA-Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • MVC-108S.webp
    MVC-108S.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 8,199
  • MVC-110S.webp
    MVC-110S.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 7,878
  • MVC-111S.webp
    MVC-111S.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 7,840
  • MVC-112S.webp
    MVC-112S.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 7,647
  • MVC-113S.webp
    MVC-113S.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 7,641
  • MVC-114S.webp
    MVC-114S.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 7,543
  • MVC-115S.webp
    MVC-115S.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 7,560
  • MVC-116S.webp
    MVC-116S.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 7,553
  • MVC-117S.webp
    MVC-117S.webp
    28 KB · Views: 7,323
FANTASTIC FIND !!! Congrats
 
GREAT FIND !!!! if you go back and maybe find the other part to it ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom