What's new

NC Construction Site Find

Carlos2295

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While trekking a construction site near our apartment about a month ago, I found this awesome Guilford point. This is only the 2nd point I've ever found, but it seems like one of the best I'll ever find. I do believe it is made of rhyolite, as Guilford points are made from quartz, quartzite, rhyolite, and occasionally chert (according to projectilepoints.net). From the size of it, I'm guessing it was a spearhead or knife blade.

Stone Point (1).webpStone Point (2).webp
 
Upvote 0
Thats a really nice one. congrats. And I think this would be a blade.
 
Allright, good for you. How long is it? Keep looking and I'll bet you find more and maybe better.
 
Thats a really nice one. congrats. And I think this would be a blade.

or knife. But still a nice material and good looking artifact.
 
Allright, good for you. How long is it? Keep looking and I'll bet you find more and maybe better.

It's about 3.5 inches long.
 
or knife. But still a nice material and good looking artifact.

Do you think it might be a blank? From the pic, it doesn’t look like there is a lot of edge work.. either way, it’s an awesome find!
 
Great looking piece, but it's not a Guilford Point. They have a distinct shape and are long and slender. That is most likely a Knife form of some type.
 
A Scraper...? To separate skin from "meat"...? Looks like a "palm" section...
 
Got any pictures with a ruler so we can see size?

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
 
I'm thinking knife too and very nice one! Looks like the gray flint I find in my area but I could be wrong. It's a very awesome find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom