NC FOLKS

Southern Lady

Oct 10, 2019
The Carolina's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ya'll, new here and to the hobby . I live on the North Carolina/South Carolina Boarder in Union County Waxhaw/Jackson area.
I am really good at the research part of Treasure Hunting. I also do Genealogy as my main hobby. I love going to Libraries, Historical Societies and Historical Sites
Excited to meet others in the Carolina's.
If anyone needs a researcher for a group. Please feel free to contact me. Would love to join a group hunt.

Mar 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see another female on here...I am on the NC / SC border too, but on the other side of Charlotte.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Anybody live in or around the Edenton, NC area..??? ??? Get back with me if you live in or near that general area...:thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

Have some info about a site just outside Edenton city limits...thought it might be of some interest to someone living in that general area...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
U have very good area; Blackbeard the Pirate was in that area... GOLD!

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m visiting the Cary area. Iā€™m actually arriving in 15 min driving from Maine. I have just about giving up on trying to understand North Carolinaā€™s metal detecting laws. One site will say no state parks at all or any beaches. Others say you canā€™t take anything out of the ground thatā€™s older than 50 years anywhere in the state. While others say town parks are ok. Can anyone clarify? I posted in another NC detection. And was told public places are fine. Schools, parks, etc. But Iā€™m not so sure about that. I have looked at the entire town of clary website. In park rules and throughout the rest of the site. Metal detecting isnā€™t mentioned anywhere. Which is odd. I usually will see that brought up in faq or a rules and regulations section. Stating yes or no or permit required. Does anyone know an area that they know is ok to detect in? Or that will give out a permit for sure? I Nervous to just wip our my detector and start swinging.

tipster_621

Jun 1, 2020
Archdale, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie from Archdale, NC here, just south of High Point. I've only had my Ace 300 for a couple of weeks, and haven't found anything exciting yet, but have had fun at Sunset Beach a couple of weeks ago, and had a little more fun going around my house.

I'm looking forward to possibly meeting some local folks and learning from everyone here.

My wife and I just bought a 5 acre wooded lot a little further south in Randolph County, and I'll be going out there digging around before they start clearing and grading for our new house. Wish me luck!

johnrab54

Greenie
Feb 27, 2020
Thomasville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am John from just outside Thomasville in Randolph county. Looking for others in the area to hunt with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread