What's new

NC sunburst one piece button. Reproduction?

vadigger89

Full Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
278
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My friend found this on the property that he rents at and knows that there were civil war reenactmentsthere about twelve years ago. Could this button be from the reenactment or do you think it is authentic? I have no idea how to tell if it is a reproduction or the real deal. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
 

Attachments

  • FxCam_1336679515144.webp
    FxCam_1336679515144.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 317
  • FxCam_1336679540640.webp
    FxCam_1336679540640.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 244
I would bet on reenactors. In the Dalton, Ga area was the confederate winter camp and I have dug and saw bunches dug and not one with a shank on it. Your shank looks very sturdy. The original ones were not very sturdy.
 
Upvote 0
Thankyou I read the same thing last night that they are hardly ever found with shank still attached. I appreciate it.
 
Upvote 0
It is absolutely a modernday Reproduction. There were no 1-piece solid cast NC Starburst/Sunburst buttons. I used to be a civil war battle re-enactor, and I also was a Repro buckles & buttons dealer. I still own some 1990s-era Repro NC buttons 100%-exactly the same yours.
 
Upvote 0
I have one that I found inDalton,Ga. The shank on it was soldered, Yours appears to be cast. I'm no expert,but have never saw a cast N.C. sunburst.JMHO HH
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom