What's new

Neat Cross Button & Other Relics from New Property!

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a good time Saturday saving a little history! My buddy Chuck & I came across a home site in the woods (a pile of rocks). My favorite find is the small cross cuff button. I thought it had words around the outside but a quick soak in ammonia revealed some gilt and that it was just a decoration around the edge. I also found a nice assortment of other early relics. My buddy Chuck found a Burnside bullet & an 1899 V Nickel. Can't wait to get back, I think it has a lot of potential. crossbut2.webpflattrr.webpmuskets.webptaps.webpconfed.webpcara.webpunk.webpparasol.webpbucklwa.webpcrud.webp
 
Upvote 30
Looks like that was a busy site. Good job that's a good amount of finds Great post
 
Looks like that was a busy site. Good job that's a good amount of finds Great post

Thanks, if it was hunted it wasn't hunted hard. That is a lot of targets for the first go
 
DANG NICE FINDS .
 
Looks like a good spot those are nice finds
 
Nice finds with the site being the best find!
 
A great assortment of relics , maybe next time you can find the Face to the button + More. GL
Davers :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Looks like there is some great potential in that site. Thanks for the ID on that "piece of oil lantern". I've found the same one before and had never identified it.
 
Looks like a great site! That button cleaned up really well. Love the old compact too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom