- Joined
- May 17, 2007
- Messages
- 2,240
- Reaction score
- 34
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southeast Missouri
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Hunted a Homesite yesterday that once had a large plantation type house on it during the Civil War. I found fork from the Civil War a few yards over from this a year or two ago. Is this button an Officers coat button? It has stars around the outer skirt and has an eagle with a shield in the middle. I think it looks like one I saw on Google the other night. Tell me what you think. 







Buckleboy...thanks for your cleaning tips on buttons. I used your techniques and think it turned out pretty well. Does anyone know how to stablize buttons? It isn't falling apart, but it has dirt inside I am afraid to remove. What would you coat this with to protect it. If I remove the dirt inside the back, is there something I should put inside it to stabilize it? All advice appreciated.
Baldingboy








Buckleboy...thanks for your cleaning tips on buttons. I used your techniques and think it turned out pretty well. Does anyone know how to stablize buttons? It isn't falling apart, but it has dirt inside I am afraid to remove. What would you coat this with to protect it. If I remove the dirt inside the back, is there something I should put inside it to stabilize it? All advice appreciated.
Baldingboy








