Need a jewelry guru!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this necklace I believe it's pretty old. He made in Italy beaded blue glass. Two things one is it something special? And also it has some pitting on it. What would cause this and does it affect the value if any? The only thing it says on the class is made Italy. Thanks.

image-1905532839.jpg

image-1551627547.jpg

image-1002948679.jpg

image-1524885782.jpg

Advocat

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert, but it looks like a vintage piece to me -- particularly because of the type of hook clasp. That was a popular type of clasp prior to about the 1970s ... I know that quite a few 1940s necklaces have that type of clasp. The beads may be lampworked glass -- the chipped spot showing in pictures 2 and 3 appears to reveal a layering of color which would be typical of lampwork. If I were an enthusiast of vintage for myself and I was buying it, I wouldn't care about a couple of chipped beads, I'd buy it and re-string it, taking the chipped beads out. But the mileage of others may vary. You can see a similar necklace here if the forum lets this link stand: Vintage Italian Necklace with Aventurine Lampworked Beads from gingerbreadfarm on Ruby Lane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions