dirtfishinMS Full Member Joined Nov 29, 2017 Messages 100 Reaction score 217 Golden Thread 0 Location Harrisville, MS Detector(s) used Garret AT Pro Garret Propointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Feb 13, 2018 #1 Found this at an 1800's home site. It's a token from the 1872 (very first) Louisville Industrial Exposition. I think it's pewter. Can I use electrolysis or would you guys recommend something else? Upvote 2 Downvote
Found this at an 1800's home site. It's a token from the 1872 (very first) Louisville Industrial Exposition. I think it's pewter. Can I use electrolysis or would you guys recommend something else?
Loco-Digger Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 16, 2014 Messages 12,099 Reaction score 18,282 Golden Thread 1 Location Northern O-H-I-O 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner) Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Feb 13, 2018 #2 Nice find, I personally would not use Electrolysis
11KBP Hero Member Joined Oct 7, 2008 Messages 805 Reaction score 1,271 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Great Plains Feb 13, 2018 #3 If it's pewter, and it kind of looks like it, then I would probably leave as is.
Professor of Engineering Ruby Member Joined Oct 5, 2014 Messages 31,916 Reaction score 35,440 Golden Thread 1 Location Massachusetts 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 17, 2018 #4 IMHO, I would not do anything else to the token. Nice find, congratulations!
S sutphin Gold Member Joined Oct 2, 2013 Messages 8,362 Reaction score 4,468 Golden Thread 0 Location brunswick md Detector(s) used WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 17, 2018 #5 NICE FIND