What's new

Need advice about buying a Gold detector

junglejim

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I am needing a gold detector and am wondering about ground balancing issues. I know that auto GB units are available but was wondering about the manual GB units like the older Fisher Gold bugs and Garretts Gold Scorpion. Do the manual units require constant, time consuming re-balancing as the soil changes? Do the auto GB units really keep up with the ground as it changes? I hope some of you with experience can help me decide. I prefer buying a used unit to save money. Thanks
 
I know the mxt tracks the ground with a number in the prospect mode....
 
Be careful buying used ok? There are no warranties on used machines. You never know what the last guy did to it. Then your really going to be out my friend.
If your serious about getting into Gold searching then you are just going to have to spend some cash for a good machine. Trust me, I have been through it. I have found that the Minelab GPX series is the way to go. I know, I know, it's a lot of money, but you wont regret it in the long run. They seem to be the easiest to control in heavier mineralization.
Take care!
 
The gold stinger sounds like a 5900 at 15kHz in stead of 6.598kHz with the re tune button and Manuel ground balance and the tr channel....sounds like a analog set up....I would by a white's gmt it's the best for the money...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom