Need advice choosing ~$200 detector.

S

seismo

Hey, guys. A few years ago I had bought a Tesoro detector - I THINK it was a Silver ?Max but can't remember for sure. Anyways, later on as a gift I received a Radio Shack Discovery 3000 detector so I sold the Tesoro - boy was that a mistake!
The Radio Shack detector was a complete piece of junk and had so many false positives that I ended up ditching it on eBay.
So, for the last couple of years I've been detector-less with the intention of getting another one of these days.
Well, the other day I was doing some work out in the yard and noticed my wedding ring had slipped off my hand. My wife brings it up every chance she gets (you guys know what I'm talking about) so I figure it's time to buy a new detector so I can find this thing.
I'm still recovering from Christmas so I need to stick to around a $200 budget.
After looking around a bit, it seems that the Garrett Ace 250 seems to a pretty popular model in that price range.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Obviously, I need it to find my gold ring but would also like to use it for coin and relic hunting as well as a once-a-year trip to the beach.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the ACE. I'v never use one, but for your purpose & sinse you don't like R.S. / B.H. I think Garrett will satisfy your needs

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the Tesoro line. They have some detectors in your price range. Also White's has the new Prizm series that replace the Classics. I think you can get one for about $200.

OP
OP
S

seismo

Thanks. Any suggestions on retailers to look at? It looks like Kellyco is a site sponsor so I've looked at them but far as I can tell, they don't carry Tesoro.
I bought my first Tesoro back when DiscountDetectors.com was Arizona Al's. I guess he sold the domain name. Unfortunately, their prices are a little higher than kellyco.
Maybe eBay is my best bet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread