Need advice for DFX in SW Florida

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
I am down to my last 5 days of vacation in the Englewood, Venice area and am having terrible luck on the beaches. I have my DFX again and have tried tweeking all the settings I am comfortable with. Anyone have any tips for programing for beaches on this area? Any advise on areas to hunt? I have not saw another detectorist since I have been here the laast 7 days and have hit beaches from the North Jetty Park to Boca Grande.
Any tips would be appreciated. Do I just need to get a water detector and hit the waves?
Thanks

Upvote 0

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I've got a dfx and I found the preset options/ jewelery/beach works the best for me although if you're searching through regular sand sometimes you have to rebalance the machine when you hit black sand or just pick the coil up off the ground just a few inches higher than normal.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Best advise I can give you is to get a Minelab Explorer or a sov for the dry and an excal for the wet and if you are not at the beach at sunrise 3 or 4 others are :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread